Renewel of Indian Passport from NY USA

irfanlai

Adept
Hi TE Folks,

I am currently in NY on H1B visa. My passport is due to expiry in June 2014. I checked out following official website for passport renewal http://www.passport.blsindia-usa.com. The website sucks, it doesn't explain clearly what exact steps and form to be filled, no doubts they have mentioned some steps but they are incomplete. When I tried filling up the form I encountered doubts.
I am trying to fill up the form. I need some advice on my queries so if anybody have any experience on filling this please reply.

1. There is a field where they have mentioned 'Address to be printed on the passport' and 'Other address'. Now the filled up sample form mentions that type your USA address in address to be printed and Permanent India address in Other address. Now what should I enter in 'Address to be printed'. I need my India address on passport because soon my wife will also renew her passport from India and add my name. Next I need to make my kid passport from India. So I don't want any address issue while renewing my wife passport and while making my kid passport.

Anybody here who has used this site recently and applied for passport. Please help me in filling up the form

"Address to be printed " would be your Indian permanent address. Also this is the right time to update your Indian address if it has changed since you last obtained your passport. The consulate was directly handling this a couple of years ago. Looks like it has been outsourced to some BLS... now.

Back