-rep to Ringke India

I ordered a onyx case for s20 fe from Flipkart. While the case is okay-ish with slight dust and no damage, the packaging clearly looks like some one dropped it in mud and sent. I'm pretty sure it's a returned piece but it looks and feels okay. Knowing Flipkart i don't want to raise any replacement request so I'm keeping it. Attaching pictures

Edit : checked again and the pieces stuck to adhesive looks like packaging materials as @enthusiast29 said. Considering there's only a mild dust mark in the case and no damage i guess it's okay. Still not sure if it's a returned piece but i guess it doesn't matter considering it's just a case.

For reference this is how it should've been

Attachments

• 20220425_120750.jpg
    20220425_120750.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 20220425_121255.jpg
    20220425_121255.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
It could very well be bits/pieces of the brown packaging outside but it's not a big deal if actual product is fine otherwise is it? Since it doesn't have any hard packaging from manufacturer itself then such things are bound to happen to just adhesive glue.

It could very well be bits/pieces of the brown packaging outside but it's not a big deal if actual product is fine otherwise is it? Since it doesn't have any hard packaging from manufacturer itself then such things are bound to happen to just adhesive glue.

Product is fine but there was dust/mud marks in the case itself. It did come off when i wiped it with wet cloth but it looks like a returned unit.

Edit : checked again and the pieces stuck to adhesive looks like packaging materials as you said. Considering there's only a mild dust mark in the case and no damage i guess it's okay. Still not sure if it's a returned piece but i guess it doesn't matter considering it's just a case.

You're making it sound like they will murder your entire family if you raise a replacement request. You should atleast give a shot at trying to replace it.
I really wouldn't knowing how pathetic their customer care is. Previously I had display uniformity issue for a mobile i bought from them and i raised a replacement request for 3 times and wasted 2 weeks before i gave up.

Last edited:
I am placing an emphasis on corner protection since this phone is heavy and cases like the one above offer very little protection on the corners.

Things to keep in mind with cases such as these in case this will be the only one you get.

That 'glastic' back can pick up impressions over time. So put some thin plastic or other between phone back and case. I just left the protector it came with on after i pulled out that white sticker.

The other thing to look out for with this phone is that camera island is all glass so the case must extend a few mm above it to protect against a back fall. I've been looking for a transparent adhesive camera protector with cutouts to stick there. It does not need to be glass, plastic will work too. They did not provide one on the FE like i got with the V20 and even that plastic can make a diffference.

Last edited:
I am placing an emphasis on corner protection since this phone is heavy and cases like the one above offer very little protection on the corners.

Things to keep in mind with cases such as these in case this will be the only one you get.

That 'glastic' back can pick up impressions over time. So put some thin plastic or other between phone back and case. I just left the protector it came with on after i pulled out that white sticker.

The other thing to look out for with this phone is that camera island is all glass so the case must extend a few mm above it to protect against a back fall. I've been looking for a transparent adhesive camera protector with cutouts to stick there. It does not need to be glass, plastic will work too. They did not provide one on the FE like i got with the V20 and even that plastic can make a diffference.

There's a little bump near the camera so it's all good. Also this looked a little better over the spigen.
As for the back impressions, my friend who got that same spigen case says it'll go off easily when wiped with wet cloth. Still I'd probably get a skin later on if it becomes an issue.

unrelated to the post but want to share,
I gifted ringke back cover camo pattern to my younger brother for his Poco m2 pro.
quality is very good.
but he didn't like the case much he only uses it occasionally.
saying its looks big and bulky.

I gifted ringke back cover camo pattern to my younger brother for his Poco m2 pro.
quality is very good.
Agreed they're pretty good compared to spigen from my experience. Supcase is also pretty good but their lower end cases aren't available

quality is very good.

That's what i would go for. Good corner protection there.

No fusion-x series for the S20 FE though. Choice is pretty limited i would say.

I have recieved screen protectors from FK that looked like they were dragged out of the dirt, while they came in immaculate packaging. Two replacement requests yielded similar looking guards. Finally I tried washing it and then it looked ok.

Honestly with the marketplace model, buying online is a crapshoot.

I got the Ringke case from Amazon for my S20 FE. No issues with it so far. Dropped my phone couple of times and the case kept the cam and screen from being scratched.

Cheapest i've seen a UAG (Rs.2,500 with coupon) for the S20FE. I find that it interferers with gestures for the recents as the edges around the screen raise up more than other cases. I've yet to put a tempered screen protector so that might fix it. It's not as grippy as I would like but otherwise solid

My usual preference is the Fusion or Plasma case. Unfortunately there is just this one Pathfinder case by UAG for the S20FE. They released more for the S21FE :bawling:

Cheapest i've seen a UAG (Rs.2,500 with coupon) for the S20FE. I find that it interferers with gestures for the recents as the edges around the screen raise up more than other cases. I've yet to put a tempered screen protector so that might fix it. It's not as grippy as I would like but otherwise solid

My usual preference is the Fusion or Plasma case. Unfortunately there is just this one Pathfinder case by UAG for the S20FE. They released more for the S21FE :bawling:
is there any case that has good grip, the ringke i bought is slippery.

Back