Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Buy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
Hi Guys,
I faced a minor accident recently. But my 520's glass developed cracks in the process. It is not responding to touch because of the cracks. Upon visiting Nokia Care, those guys quoted me 3,100 rupees to repair the phone, just to replace glass,even though it is under warranty(and physical damages are not covered according to them). Now I am in a fix, should I repair it?
or Should I go for another phone around 10K budget(Definitely not a Nokia this time). Even considering the Moto G 8GB as of now.
Please suggest.

Thanks,
F3niX

@F3niX

Does LCD is fully working ,like you see any discoloration or anything....[DOUBLEPOST=1391778311][/DOUBLEPOST]let me know about my query , and if it's lcd is ok , i can help you getting touch back for less than 1k

Yes. LCD seems to be working fine. No discoloration or anything. Screen broke. That is the only issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1391779032][/DOUBLEPOST]The Extent of the damage can be seen in pic as shown. It is only on screen and touch seems to be working fine.

Wz3wBmH.jpg

5NAGhOv.jpg

Last edited:
Most modern touch phone screens come with a full assembly of the LCD and Digitizer glued together. So, Nokia is asking you to replace both.
As you have lost your warranty in any case, why not ask a local mobile repair shop for a quote to get just the Digitizer replaced. Its tricky business but they do it.

i have replace touch(digitezer) of 3 520 in past ,just order one for max 600-700 and invest some time in seeing video and you can have touch working in max. 3 hour...

you dont have to be a pro to replace it...

Ordered part from AliExpress. Much much cheaper than what Nokia asked.
According to Nokia Care, we cannot replace only the glass and LCD needs to be replaced along with it. So, I went for a much better option as even Nokia asked 30 days time to get part and replace. Thanks to @manucitc for the help. Will keep you updated.

BTW I had a doubt. They say it will be shipped via Hongkong Post Air Parcel. How long would it generally take? And are they reliable enough?
Any custom issues I Should be worried about?
Thanks

Hong Kong post is more than reliable... I always choose hong Kong post when ordering from Ali express, it will reach to you after 10-15 days after seller shipped the order...
Look for tracking after 72 hours after seller shipped your order...
Use 17track for tracking....

Back