Repeater setup for JioFiber - issue not working

anishka

Recruit
Hi All,

I recently got a JioFiber connection and the Jio router (model JCOW401) and is having a poor wifi range. So I tried using my another router i.e. TP-Link Archer C60 AC1350 Wireless Dual Band Router as a repeater to get signal in another room.

I followed some links and YouTube video I'm able to change the settings and set it as a repeater using the operation mode/ changing settings in wireless

But the problem - When I'm connecting my set top box in another room and trying to view apps on TV, it says wifi connected but no internet. The signal strength has improved which implies that TP link has been configured as a repeater but I don't understand that why it says no internet.

Settings changes:
1. No setting changed in Jio router.
2. Changes made in TP link router -
Attaching images of settings changed in TP link router.

Please help me resolving the issue or to find best way to setup tp link router as a extender and start internet on it.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8616.PNG
    IMG_8616.PNG
    219.5 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_8619.PNG
    IMG_8619.PNG
    212.4 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_8620.PNG
    IMG_8620.PNG
    182.1 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_8621.PNG
    IMG_8621.PNG
    208 KB · Views: 331
Couple of things don't look right:
1. Your C60 is setup as an AP (not repeater). Ideally you should connect to the jio device via ethernet in this mode.

2. Your LAN IP is same as gateway. Gateway should be jio device's Lan IP.

you can make one interface work in bridge mode. let me check it and update or you can find it on youtube easily
Thank you. I would like to know this too. Youtube videos are too confusing. Its been a week since me trying to get the networking right with the Jio+Router combo.

1615140241162.png

on left hand side click on advanced and then click on network. then you can enable bridge mode and include a port in the bridge mode.

yes you are right....i disabled the port membership ....will give you snaps for those......i'm not home right now.
but it can be made zero....or you can keep it same as other ports

Hi All,

I recently got a JioFiber connection and the Jio router (model JCOW401) and is having a poor wifi range. So I tried using my another router i.e. TP-Link Archer C60 AC1350 Wireless Dual Band Router as a repeater to get signal in another room.

I followed some links and YouTube video I'm able to change the settings and set it as a repeater using the operation mode/ changing settings in wireless

But the problem - When I'm connecting my set top box in another room and trying to view apps on TV, it says wifi connected but no internet. The signal strength has improved which implies that TP link has been configured as a repeater but I don't understand that why it says no internet.

Settings changes:
1. No setting changed in Jio router.
2. Changes made in TP link router -
Attaching images of settings changed in TP link router.

Please help me resolving the issue or to find best way to setup tp link router as a extender and start internet on it.

Thanks
Please check default gateway.

Back