Repetitive feeling while playing Assassin's Creed

Switch

Skilled
I believe all you guys who are playing/finished the game must be feeling the same. The storyline and game play both are good nodoubt but the game gets repetitive after a while. I mean you hop from city to city and then climb various tall buildings and then Assassinate a person and do the whole exercise again. Also you can just about roam in the entire city with your hands folded.

Just to enter the city you need to beet up some guys. And that too is boring after you do it once. Would have liked to see something more then all that. I was hoping that the game would be right up there with Half life series but its not.

Am i missing something somewhere ?

BTW the Animations are just gorgeous.

Same here ~ i quit the game after the 2nd city, only fun part was running away from the guards :eek:hyeah: by leaping on the walls and stuff

as soon as i completed the game..even being repeatitive; i found i want more of it at the end. It looks like the story hooked me up.....but later i found it little boring...as leaping\jumping from walls to walls and rooftop...for no new purpose !...soi stoped playing after completing once!!!!!!

My problem with the game was that I expected it to be a lot like POP which was very challenging.This unfortunately had a good storyline but became very linear.Moreover the assassinations weren't too challenging.I left the game half way but thinking of completing it since I got my new card.Also the widescreen thing pisses me off.I tried the POV hack with which I can stretch the screen but it looks very weird.:mad:

ye its repetitive at times esp. when entering city :S also while finding clues but killing each BOSS in diff way is fun i mean like murdering that doc or running and killing green ninja :rofl:

^Neither have I.I was hoping to load my previous save & it seems that I had apparently copied the wrong save file.Now will have to start all over again unless someone has the save files for it.:)

I have similar feeling when playing GTA4. All you do is either run from cops, assassinate someone, kill mafia and goons or any of the three in some combination.The missions are not as innovative as they were in San Andreas.

Reading this thread, I guess I am going to remove Assassin's Creed from my must buy list.

the mission's feel the same.same objectives like eavesdropping, stealing etc.i got bored of leap of faith after doing it a few times

same here.. it got a bit boring after couple of missions.. and apart from the boss battles which took me couple of tries it was fairly easy to beat it.. i guess its the story that kept me playin even when it was all so repeatitive .. hoping the devs will spice things up with the next installment.. atleast they should have dynamic combat like in pop WW series..

Combat's boring. And it's very talky at the beginning. I played it for a couple of hours and got hella bored :|

I'm sure I'll give it another shot though. I hated Stalker initially, but now I've almost finished it my 2nd time. Maybe same case with Assassin's Creed :)

Repetitive , Yes . Boring after a while , Slightly. But i got through all that by getting myself into huge fights for no reason at all. Once you get the hang of the new fight system , its fun to fight an entire army in a camp. Trying different ways of killing , different moves with all the wapons , throwing dudes off the towers , that kept me going. But the second last mission was the toughest .That uplifted the game a bit.:p

^i completely agree...
1 thing i tried was like this...
firs few stages..use only sword...
then only short blade/knives...
hav fun with every weapon...
1 tried 1 stage with the aim that i wont fight at all...killd the least possible amt of ppl in dat...

otherwise...if bored...jus pik up a fight..does wonders if u wanna relieve some frustration...

I played it a lot and got it as far as killing 7/9 bosses...but then repetition got the better of me. No matter how gorgeous the graphics/animations are, no matter how stylish the hack/slash/grab and other combos feel, its boring at the end of it. I'm finiding it really hard to continue the game, and i even feel the story's twist at the end wont be very surprising. Atleast they could've kept 9 different cities...

POP was so much better in terms of both story and gameplay (esp. POP WW - best of the lots). Killing Kaileena, running away from Dahaka was so much difficult and satisfying at the end of it...And prince's versatiliy with sword was way better than the Assassin's.

Back