Replacement Batteries for APC RS1000

ssra

Disciple
Is there any vendor selling batteries for this UPS?
I am using RS1000 white model my be few years old.
My UPS batteries life are almost over and want to change. earlier I got the replacement from a seller in ebay.
but now I could not able to find any one offering same.
I think new one is not so good.
There are several batteries for same voltage and AH but their size and other params does not match
I also have RS24BP and its batteries are also gone.

Are those proprietary ? Normally, UPSs can use batteries of same ratings. You may be able to get from a good brand.

Just buy two of these use the older packs wiring, https://www.batterywale.com/batterywale/products/Exide/SMF-12V-7Ah-Battery/

As long as you use a battery of same AH or higher there will not be any issues and the above battery should do the job.

Use this video if you have no clue about the wiring
what about other parameters like standby, cycle voltage and initial current?
There will have no effect
or you can buy this https://www.powerwale.com/store/apc-replacement-battery-cartridge-9ah-x-2-rbc33/77048

Last edited:
what about other parameters like standby, cycle voltage and initial current?
I am also using APC Back-UPS BR1000-IN (RS 1000VA) from 13 years and looking for RBC33 (9AH) Battery in Delhi and I don't want 7AH battery. I've tried 7AH exide & luminious battery in past and they are total crap.

Have you found anywhere in stock? @ssra

Same question, any luck finding the batteries? I also have this RS1000 model bought 10+ years ago that I was using to power my modem and router during blackouts. The battery died some time back, so I'm looking to revive it, else I may sell it to my scrap dealer.

guys 7 AH is decent - you can try, APC might require some sawing internally to make space, but 7ah will provide immediate backup for a few mins and lasts approx 18 months to 24 months

I have a BR1000G-IN as well, bought in 2013. I've replaced the battery twice, last one in 2019. Both times it was out of warranty. It was replaced by APC only. OP hasn't mentioned this, but have you tried sourcing it via APC directly?

I am also using APC Back-UPS BR1000-IN (RS 1000VA) from 13 years and looking for RBC33 (9AH) Battery in Delhi and I don't want 7AH battery. I've tried 7AH exide & luminious battery in past and they are total crap.

Thats the best you can get else contact APC directly for original ones.
Exide or outside batteries arent crap and recommended by APC themselves. It depends how many times your system load shifts on ups batteries, how clean is the power and how long the ups runs.
Again, APC arent really designed for Indian conditions and they have so much headaches that one of my friend has got it replaced 13 times in 15 months. And here on TE as well there are similar stories. He later shifted to Microtek ups and ever since living in total peace!
Also, get your APC examined as there are also many circuit board issues which renders even newer batteries useless due to current leaks etc.
Have seen people incl. me cursing the batteries and they easily last 3y-5yrs. But APC itself is crap a shit eod!

Same question, any luck finding the batteries? I also have this RS1000 model bought 10+ years ago that I was using to power my modem and router during blackouts. The battery died some time back, so I'm looking to revive it, else I may sell it to my scrap dealer.
Try exide or similar 7ah batteries once. Shouldn't cost you m ore than max 1.5k for a pair.

I contacted APC 50 times but they rarely reply been emailing them for over 8-9 months now. They never reply and even if they do they said we will get back to you but never did. I even emailed top executives but they all are also don't reply. I think APC support has become total shit now.

I got this UPS in 2008. My original APC battery lasted 5 years.
Then I got exide 7ah in 2013 & it lasted 1.5 year after that I got luminous 7ah battery in 2015 they also last 1.5 year too, they both deteriorate super fast. In 6 months on both exide/luminous battery backup become 50% of what they gave when they are new and in 1.5 year they were giving 2 seconds backup.

After that I got original APC battery in 2017 and the lasted 4 years. So clearly exide and luminous have inferior quality then the APC supplied. Even though APC original is slightly expensive but it last 2 times more and the performance don't degrade that fast.

I have a BR1000G-IN as well, bought in 2013. I've replaced the battery twice, last one in 2019. Both times it was out of warranty. It was replaced by APC only. OP hasn't mentioned this, but have you tried sourcing it via APC directly?

off topic alert : @Scramjet does the BR1000G-IN support external battery? I want to use higher ah battery like 18 or 19ah for longer back up time. And what is the noise level of the UPS?

I purchased RBC17x2 from estorewale and replaced existing batteries from UPS. for around 4k
Looks like the cost of batteries increased recently.
upon checking My last replacement, which is purchased from ebay (from same estorewale seller) I got same RBC 33( which is RBC17x2) for around 3k.
off topic alert : @Scramjet does the BR1000G-IN support external battery? I want to use higher ah battery like 18 or 19ah for longer back up time. And what is the noise level of the UPS?
u will get an external battery pack which just looks like UPS itself, and can be connected to main UPS.
I am using BR24p model , and instead of replacing the internal battery, they could be disconnected and only external battery pack can be used.
I contacted APC 50 times but they rarely reply been emailing them for over 8-9 months now. They never reply and even if they do they said we will get back to you but never did. I even emailed top executives but they all are also don't reply. I think APC support has become total shit now.

I got this UPS in 2008. My original APC battery lasted 5 years.
Then I got exide 7ah in 2013 & it lasted 1.5 year after that I got luminous 7ah battery in 2015 they also last 1.5 year too, they both deteriorate super fast. In 6 months on both exide/luminous battery backup become 50% of what they gave when they are new and in 1.5 year they were giving 2 seconds backup.

After that I got original APC battery in 2017 and the lasted 4 years. So clearly exide and luminous have inferior quality then the APC supplied. Even though APC original is slightly expensive but it last 2 times more and the performance don't degrade that fast.
I contacted APC, but the vendor shared by them told them were not selling the battery.
and I have worst experience in taking my UPS to their service center for replacements. so its better to get the battery from others

sorry, I did not check this this thread from long time, updated now
just get it from estorewale, they got the stock for RBC17 last week, price is almost doubled from my last purchase for the same with them.
go with 9AH insted of 7AH.
Go with RBC17 if u are ok with replacing battery individually, if not go with RBC33.
so for now just replaced batteries with main UPS. will wait some more days to replace batteries from battery pack.
now I am left with old batteries, I am not sure how to dispose them.

Last edited:
Yes it supports external battery, although I've never used one. Looks like ssra above has used it. It is a bit noisy when it's on battery, and even more so when it's charging. However it charges pretty fast so it isn't very bothersome.

I had called their customer service number to book appointment and get the battery replacement. They were prompt, but that was couple of years ago. Not sure how their service is these days.

had very bad experience with them (almost more than 10,15 years back). first case they were are not able to fix the board damaged from spike issue and 2nd time, it was just battery issue and like they replaced the board and screwed entire UPS. from then onwards I have been replacing battery myself. been using external battery pack and never had any issue. I did replaced entire unit last time(few years back) when batteries dead in that pack. now I don't see the need for battery pack as most of the times power issue happens only few minits.

if don't want to hassle of replacing batteries one can disconnect internal battery, and use only external battery. the entire external battery unit can be replaced when required. bz these have only batteries and no internal board.

I purchased RBC17x2 from estorewale and replaced existing batteries from UPS. for around 4k
Looks like the cost of batteries increased recently.
upon checking My last replacement, which is purchased from ebay (from same estorewale seller) I got same RBC 33( which is RBC17x2) for around 3k.

u will get an external battery pack which just looks like UPS itself, and can be connected to main UPS.
I am using BR24p model , and instead of replacing the internal battery, they could be disconnected and only external battery pack can be used.

I contacted APC, but the vendor shared by them told them were not selling the battery.
and I have worst experience in taking my UPS to their service center for replacements. so its better to get the battery from others

sorry, I did not check this this thread from long time, updated now

just get it from estorewale, they got the stock for RBC17 last week, price is almost doubled from my last purchase for the same with them.
go with 9AH insted of 7AH.
Go with RBC17 if u are ok with replacing battery individually, if not go with RBC33.
so for now just replaced batteries with main UPS. will wait some more days to replace batteries from battery pack.
now I am left with old batteries, I am not sure how to dispose them.
RBC17x2 from estorewale is going to cost me Rs.4850 with shipping to delhi, 2 years back it was selling for 3k. Price is too bad but I guess this is the only option left for me.

How much does the external battery pack cost and what kind of battery do they have inside? Do you think I will still be able to find BR24BP ?

Last edited:
the batteries inside external pack are actually 4 x RBC17.
Bz of cost I hv postponed replacement of them.

external battery pack costs around 9k now. so unless its a must, just postpone now.
it not only batteries, many components have their cost increased in last few months bz of supply issue.

yes earlier got RBC33(RBC17x2) was around 3k from same seller. and I tried to get same batteries from other venders .
but none of them replied or ready to pickup calls

Back