replacement for 5800

Ok i need a new phone in place of my 5800. the ui lags a bit and the screen seems to be becoming more and more resistive..,press really hard to get something to work. max budget is 9k. So please suggest some good phones and in all possibilities budget be extended to 10k in extreme cases.

For your Budget and if you are Music and Browsing lover means, just blindly get the samsung wave 533 or 525..

They Have 3.2inch capacitive Touch screen with multi touch and 5.1ch audio through headphones, bluetooth 3.0

Best Mobile at the Price range,

As its the basic model and runs Samsung BADA os on lower res, you may find apps and games for the mobile a bit hard, as some apps themes and games are available in Samsung App store only few are good...

As from my Point, Symbian OS is crapped Cos of implementing it to the Touch screen mobiles, as they ruled once before while Nokia N95 and other mobile was highly programmable with Python and some other SDK..

Samsung Wave 525 or Samsung wave 533 is my go if i am in your Place...

Kindly Read Review of users before buying a mobile..

tech_savy said:
can 5233 be flashed with symbian 3?
CFW ^ 3 Symbian v5.3 only for Nokia 5530 and 5800

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thirumalkumaran said:
How did you do it..?

Links here or PM please..
Here is the link CFW ^ 3 Symbian v5.3 for Nokia 5530 and 5800 | Mobile Videos & Ringtones I used windows xp because JAF emulator did not work in WIN7.
All i used was,
1, CFW ^ 3 Symbian v5.3 for Nokia 5800 RM-356 (mine is RM-356)
2, JAF.1.98.62
3, navifirm V0.4
4, Phoenix Service Software 2010.12.008.42304

Hmm..

Thank you..

But that task is completed yesterday, 25mins after reading your post...

One thing..

That is not actual s^3, but a theme which confuses noobs as s^3...

none of the new S^3 codes are there in the firmware....

thirumalkumaran said:
Hmm..
Thank you..
But that task is completed yesterday, 25mins after reading your post...

One thing..
That is not actual s^3, but a theme which confuses noobs as s^3...

none of the new S^3 codes are there in the firmware....
Of course its a CFW, but anyhow the UI, response and smoothness seems to better than the original FW. How about you, did u like it?

rajkri_11 said:
Sorry to go off the topic. I flashed my 5800 with Symbian^3 CFW and experiencing a very good improvement in touch response. The UI is pretty cool and the phone is quite faster than before. Previously the switch between landscape and portrait took some effort & time but now it is instant and effortless. May be you could try it.
Okay, my phone software auto-updated itself today morning to Software Version : V51.0.006..

Is this the same CFW that you are talking about? The reason I am asking this is because I really havent noticed any improvement in the amount of time taken to switch between landscape and portrait...

EDIT : Oops, really sorry, did not read the complete thread, updated my FW to this version and really better and more sensitive than the last version, ty a lot rajkri_11

Back