Budget Above 40k Replacement for OnePlus Nord

1. Budget?
A: <50k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Any

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 5G is compulsory

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Not really but Oneplus has gone down in my eyes. 3T worked amazingly well for 4 years. My current phone - Nord - has been the worst mobile purchase of my life. Overzealous task manager which kills apps in while switching. Background apps like Swift backups don't work unless you lock them to the task manager. Battery is still bad.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Daily Driver. Not much camera use but need to handle switching between apps smoothly and background apps shouldn't break.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New

9. Any other requirements?
A: The phone should be able to survive some drops -- inside a hard cover or the repairability has to be good. For example, when my current Nord didn't survive the fall I realized the horror of buying from OnePlus. The parts pricing is insane. Screen replacement for this 3yr old phone was 12k. For the flagship Oneplus 11 it is 21k (if out of warranty):

In comparison, Galaxy S23 screen replacement cost is 9.7k:
https://www.samsung.com/in/support/spare-part-pricing-list-for-repair/ (need to select S23 from the phone options)

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Nothing Phone 2, S23, OnePlus 11 -- pricing is great but have to consider the long term experience.

If size isn't a con for you, S23 is a great phone. I think it was 60k with offers, even cheaper with exchange. S23 will get 4 OS updates, so till A17. OP11 & NP2 will get 3. Only Pixel 8 series is better than what Samsung offers but it has an inefficient chip. IMO Samsung's UI is the best. I considered the original Oxygen OS to be its rival once, then Oxygen OS got degraded & One UI just got better IMO.

If S23 is out of budget, do not get S22 because of the inefficient chip. Get NP2 or OP11R.

you have already answer all the question yourself
s23 anyday for better software, camera, update, brand value, ip rating
only issue is battery, less sot and slow charging compared to op11 and nothing phone 2
s23 plus-ideal choice for you but price is very high
you can get s23 for 56000(128gb) and approx 62000(256gb)
(11) Lowest Price Ever On Samsung S23 - Best SmartPhone Under 50000 & 60000 - YouTube
That is nice. Though the Amazon price is nearly similar. 75k -5k coupon - 8750 with SBI discount - 11150 for phone exchange = 50k for 128GB version. And 55k for 256GB version.

The issue though is that the SBI Cashback CC doesn't work and I don't have other cards. I am not too hopeful going forward as well because the other cards I have are also CB based like Axis Flipkart and Amazon ICICI.
If size isn't a con for you, S23 is a great phone. I think it was 60k with offers, even cheaper with exchange. S23 will get 4 OS updates, so till A17. OP11 & NP2 will get 3. Only Pixel 8 series is better than what Samsung offers but it has an inefficient chip. IMO Samsung's UI is the best. I considered the original Oxygen OS to be its rival once, then Oxygen OS got degraded & One UI just got better IMO.

If S23 is out of budget, do not get S22 because of the inefficient chip. Get NP2 or OP11R.
I haven't used Samsung in sometime. Pre OP3T I have a Galaxy S3 and was kinda annoyed with their bloatware. But I guess things have improved since then?

Last edited:
OP11, 8 Gen2.. 50% stock android and 50% colorOS features.. LTPO Screen, good battery and fast charging + alot of offers right now.. my dad just got the OP11 16GB version for 55K inlucding free oneplus buds. Only downside is the avgarish camera but still inline with S23.

also has call recording with Odailer, atm afaik.. only samsung and oneplus support call recording. I do not think there is a better phone in the 50k budget.

That is nice. Though the Amazon price is nearly similar. 75k -5k coupon - 8750 with SBI discount - 11150 for phone exchange = 50k for 128GB version. And 55k for 256GB version.

The issue though is that the SBI Cashback CC doesn't work and I don't have other cards. I am not too hopeful going forward as well because the other cards I have are also CB based like Axis Flipkart and Amazon ICICI.

I haven't used Samsung in sometime. Pre OP3T I have a Galaxy S3 and was kinda annoyed with their bloatware. But I guess things have improved since then?
They renamed Touchwiz to Samsung Experience, which I used on my S8 SD variant. It was much better than Touchwiz of S2 that my father had once. Then with android 9 came One UI which was even slicker.

Get 256GB S23 IMO, it is the faster UFS 4.0 variant vs UFS 3.1 & 256GB will come in handy for the next few years. Maybe just use the amazon CC, even a 3k cashback will be fine for you, but cost will be closer to 60k net.

No, it hasn't improved. Had bought a Samsung phone a couple of years back for my friend. It is full of bloatware. Third party bloatware, plus a lot of its own apps, many of which you cannot even remove. Have to resort to different measures to remove them.

No, it hasn't improved. Had bought a Samsung phone a couple of years back for my friend. It is full of bloatware. Third party bloatware, plus a lot of its own apps, many of which you cannot even remove. Have to resort to different measures to remove them.
What different measures?
They renamed Touchwiz to Samsung Experience, which I used on my S8 SD variant. It was much better than Touchwiz of S2 that my father had once. Then with android 9 came One UI which was even slicker.

Get 256GB S23 IMO, it is the faster UFS 4.0 variant vs UFS 3.1 & 256GB will come in handy for the next few years. Maybe just use the amazon CC, even a 3k cashback will be fine for you, but cost will be closer to 60k net.
Nearer to 61k. With the SBI CC it comes around 55.1k. The difference of 6k.

Last edited:
you have already answer all the question yourself
s23 anyday for better software, camera, update, brand value, ip rating
only issue is battery, less sot and slow charging compared to op11 and nothing phone 2
s23 plus-ideal choice for you but price is very high
you can get s23 for 56000(128gb) and approx 62000(256gb)
(11) Lowest Price Ever On Samsung S23 - Best SmartPhone Under 50000 & 60000 - YouTube
After looking through a lot of options I can safely say this video is clickbait. There is no way to get for 128 version for 50k - without exchange. When I pointed out this thing in the comments he deleted my comment.
Still found a way to get 256 for 64679. And if Cashify doesn't haggle on their Nord offer price the final price will be 55.2k.

Last edited:
yes it can be true youtube and clickbait.
samsung for student site is giving it for 65450 after hdfc discount of 8000 but you are getting samsung care+adld insurance for 1 year worth 8000 free.

Attachments

• IMG_3102.png
    IMG_3102.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 64
yes it can be true youtube and clickbait.
samsung for student site is giving it for 65450 after hdfc discount of 8000 but you are getting samsung care+adld insurance for 1 year worth 8000 free.
If you are using the EMI option, the total isn't 65450. This is what you are paying to samsung. The final total is 70299.41 (65450 + 3910 * 1.18 + 199 * 1.18 -- because you need to pay 18% GST on interest and EMI charges are 199 on which again you need to pay 18% GST.

If you are using the EMI option, the total isn't 65450. This is what you are paying to samsung. The final total is 70299.41 (65450 + 3910 * 1.18 + 199 * 1.18 -- because you need to pay 18% GST on interest and EMI charges are 199 on which again you need to pay 18% GST.
calculation mistake instead of 1.18 take 0.18 which comes around 704

It is 18% on the amount. So, it is 199 + GST for interest charges. That doesn't mean you pay 35.82 for interest charges. You pay 199 + 35.82. Same for the interest.
65450+3910*0.18+199*1.18
=65450+704+235 = 66389
why? interest is charged but returned or adjusted( read the note in image) since interest is charged you have to pay gst on interest( this is amount you paying 704) and service charge of 199 + gst extra

Attachments

• IMG_3105.png
    IMG_3105.png
    263.4 KB · Views: 59
Back