[Req] Good FTP client

:huh:
Guys,
i desperately need to get hold of a Good FTP client
i have used globalscape cuteFTP,leap FTP,but i am not satisfied with their perf...
The prob is i am behind a firewall,and the speeds are too slow...any idea to increase the ftp link up speed....
Also...suggest me a good software for hosting my own FTP....

thanks techno for the killer link..that is what i was looking for exactly...

i will go ahead with coreFTP lite......and will later give a shot to filezilla...and thanx for the download links man...

thanx a lot again strider....but i've tried smartFTP before...its not so good as is a lil bit confusing...

ofcourse...bulletproof FTP is a good one...how could i leave it...LOL..
nyways..thanx a lot chum..

In my experience with FTP clients, I've come across loads of them obviously and I think I'll post a short synopsis.

The first one I used was SmartFTP. It was okay, but too simple, not very customizable and the basic way to use it was very childish, I like something a bit more pro. So SFTP, no no. :p

The second I tried out was CuteFTP. It was okay, but then again, the simplicity lets me down. I like to have total control over my files, CHMOD them and assign other such values to their properties with ease, not having to go to Options > Website Name > Connect > Folder > File > Options > Values > CHMOD, nuh-uh! :p

Then I tried out WS FTP. This was one that was very good. I really liked it, the Pro Version that is. Don't ask me how I got it. :p It was pretty good, I was using it till a couple of months back but then I had my PC formatted and lost WS FTP and could not get it back. :(

So now I'm using AceFTP. And needless to say, I'm satisifed with what AceFTP offers me. I like it a lot, and it's the one I'll be using for a while.

wsftp for me. Easiest and stable. Rock solid performance. And the earlier vesion was free too.
Nothing beats ws_ftp in features and stability

^^ lol ;)
anyways, I use CuteFTP Pro and I feel its enough for my needs.
IMHO, its one of the best FTP clients out there :)

Back