PC Peripherals Requesting Microphone Suggestions

ryu_88

Disciple
Hi TE Community,

I am looking for a quality microphone with a 3.5mm jack which is super duable, has great quality and is <2k inr. Will be using 90% for calls since I am primarily WFH, and sometimes recording guitar casually.

Would be a great help if you could suggest a good mcirophone, thanks in advance.

After checking amazon it seems like this might be a good option but idk really. Please feel free to add any suggestions you may have

Thanks

Is your setup wired or not ?

Either way why aren't you using the mic in the headset
My setup is wired, yes. The issue with the mic on the hs50 is quite well known, it sounds kinda ok for most people but seems to rip away all the bass from the voice and leaves it sounding like a radio voice, which i really despise. The volume is also really muted and the other person often needs to jack up their volume to 100% to be able to understand what I say.

Really just looking for a regular microphone which is somewhat good and will last for a couple of years

My setup is wired, yes. The issue with the mic on the hs50 is quite well known, it sounds kinda ok for most people but seems to rip away all the bass from the voice and leaves it sounding like a radio voice, which i really despise.

Scroll to recording quality section and listen to the sample voice. The mic frequency response does not go low enough so there is no bass. More emphasis on treble.

The noise cancelling of this mic is pretty good though. They gave it an 8.0 score.

The volume is also really muted and the other person often needs to jack up their volume to 100% to be able to understand what I say.
The mic likely needs to be close to your mouth. If its little further then you will sound soft.

Only mic gain control can fix this. No setting somewhere to boost it ?

Really just looking for a regular microphone which is somewhat good and will last for a couple of years
You can get mics that are more sensitive but they will also amplify everthing else in your room like fan noise.

There are software settings i heard that can fix this.

Hmm weird how they gave it a high score, my mic is really bad and i've tried all the settings there is in windows, nothing helped. Perhaps its just my unit that has the issue?

I end up sounding like the ghost of a dead person trying really hard to communicate across dimensions only for the person on the other end to hear whispers :p

I have put microphone volume to 100% within windows and also maximized the mic boost in the sound properties for the device as shown below

1655742596471.png

1655742632357.png

Have you tried lavalier/clip mics?

My uncle recently bought one named Boya for recording videos and live streaming on Facebook from his android phone.
Sounds quite good, but the mic is quite sensitive, picks up a lot is background noise like AC and fan.
Works fine on phone, not sure about windows. IIRC it does have a TRS and TRRS adaptor in box(not sure).

Hmm weird how they gave it a high score, my mic is really bad and i've tried all the settings there is in windows, nothing helped. Perhaps its just my unit that has the issue?
They rated it on intelligibility.
I end up sounding like the ghost of a dead person trying really hard to communicate across dimensions only for the person on the other end to hear whispers :p
Record yourself here with the HS50

How does your mic sound ?

ahh solved it, it seemed to be an issue with the realtek audio console software which was bundled with my msi motherboard. This software has its own microphone boost setting which causes issues when used in conjunction with the mic boost setting within windows, in the sound device properties.

Thanks @blr_p for the help :)

ahh solved it, it seemed to be an issue with the realtek audio console software which was bundled with my msi motherboard. This software has its own microphone boost setting which causes issues when used in conjunction with the mic boost setting within windows, in the sound device properties.

Thanks @blr_p for the help :)
So how did you fix it ? uninstalled the realtek software ?

Back