Requesting XBOX/PS controller owners to check trigger action

Prisoner627

Disciple
Guys, I have this redgear wired gamepad for playing racing games in PC. One thing I noticed is the trigger movement to actual result on the screen (not input lag, read more). When I press the trigger like 30% to 40%, the cars reach full speed and the remaining 60-70% trigger movement is simple dead motion. This makes me hard to maintain drift, as I cannot hold the trigger at 30%-40% all the time during the race and adjust in the corners. If the action is evenly spread across the trigger travel length, it would be easy hold a required speed or maintain drift. I checked the same with windows inbuilt gamepad test and gamepadtester.com, what I am feeling is correct. Trigger action is completed at 30-40% movement.

All I wanted to know is those people who owns original xbox/playstation controllers, can you confirm if this is the same with those top end controllers? It would be great if the movement registers full action at atleast 80%-90% of the movement.

Guys, I have this redgear wired gamepad for playing racing games in PC. One thing I noticed is the trigger movement to actual result on the screen (not input lag, read more). When I press the trigger like 30% to 40%, the cars reach full speed and the remaining 60-70% trigger movement is simple dead motion. This makes me hard to maintain drift, as I cannot hold the trigger at 30%-40% all the time during the race and adjust in the corners. If the action is evenly spread across the trigger travel length, it would be easy hold a required speed or maintain drift. I checked the same with windows inbuilt gamepad test and gamepadtester.com, what I am feeling is correct. Trigger action is completed at 30-40% movement.

All I wanted to know is those people who owns original xbox/playstation controllers, can you confirm if this is the same with those top end controllers? It would be great if the movement registers full action at atleast 80%-90% of the movement.
I don't know which game you are talking about. But in NFS hot pursuit 2010 (my favourite NFS) and most racing games you can drift easily by a very quick press of the handbrake button (square button on PS). Its similar in xbox too.

Also my observation is that to get the full 100% action the trigger HAS TO BE pulled all the way. Its NOT complete at 30-40% level. Tested on both DS4 and XBOX series X controllers.

I had the redgear controller. The analogue sticks are analogue in name only, they have like 2 levels, 3 if you try hard. I got so annoyed trying to play with it, I replaced it with the xbox controller. The controls are a lot more sensitive and register the levels of tilt properly, they don't just go 0-50-100 like the redgear ones.

If you are serious about gaming and really want to enjoy your games, get an xbox controller. There are a few used ones in the market section if you can't spend for a new one. If you play once in a while, then redgear one is fine.

I don't know which game you are talking about. But in NFS hot pursuit 2010 (my favourite NFS) and most racing games you can drift easily by a very quick press of the handbrake button (square button on PS). Its similar in xbox too.

Also my observation is that to get the full 100% action the trigger HAS TO BE pulled all the way. Its NOT complete at 30-40% level. Tested on both DS4 and XBOX series X controllers.
The game I was talking about is GRID 2. Drifting is easy, maintaining the drift speed and agle through a long U-Turn is hard.
I had the redgear controller. The analogue sticks are analogue in name only, they have like 2 levels, 3 if you try hard. I got so annoyed trying to play with it, I replaced it with the xbox controller. The controls are a lot more sensitive and register the levels of tilt properly, they don't just go 0-50-100 like the redgear ones.

If you are serious about gaming and really want to enjoy your games, get an xbox controller. There are a few used ones in the market section if you can't spend for a new one. If you play once in a while, then redgear one is fine.
This is what I am looking for, thanks! My redgear is 2 years old. Will get an xbox controller soon.
https://gamepad-tester.com/
Check this

For my Xbox series controller, triggers work as intended. I can see it going up gradually till I press it completely down. It is linear.
I tested with this too, the trigger button bars go up full when I press the trigger approximately half-way.

The game I was talking about is GRID 2. Drifting is easy, maintaining the drift speed and agle through a long U-Turn is hard.

This is what I am looking for, thanks! My redgear is 2 years old. Will get an xbox controller soon.

I tested with this too, the trigger button bars go up full when I press the trigger approximately half-way.
Then it's just a case of a cheap controller.

I had Redgear pro wired before upgrading. For me, LT is at 0 for like 0-70% press, then goes from 0 to 1 within next 30%. For RT, by 70% press, it is at 1.

My friend has Logitech F310. Tried that, it has linear triggers like my xbox controller but the trigger has more resistance.

Back