Require 3D printing service

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I need to 3D print few small sized model/figures.

Size is just 3-3.2cm height (colored print will be awesome)

Need to know if someone on this forum does 3D printing so instead of doing it outside I will give the job to him.

Outside rates are horrible and unworthy.

I'm currently based in Pune so anyone who knows even outside this forum any services in Pune or even Mumbai will be great!

Surprising. I was expecting this 3D business would have picked up like xerox services all across the country.

Not yet.
Not yet and whatever are opened either charge a missile or are illiterate or asking 60% work to be done by us and rest 40 they will do and will charge us for 100%.

Not yet and whatever are opened either charge a missile or are illiterate or asking 60% work to be done by us and rest 40 they will do and will charge us for 100%.
there are 2 types of services - one is where they are literally like Xerox ppl, just printing what others are doing and there is other group who can design their own 3d models - these ppl will definitely cost a bomb. Depend on what you're looking for - you will get charges accordingly.

Even with literally printing - costs are driven by Filament quality, in-fill and other printing parameters. If you go with standard print object - with varying material, print profile and print time - you will get differential cost.
Also want to know which is the best file format to print with COLORS Obj or Stl.
You're limited with options here, printing in multi-color requires expensive extruders. if you need single color then its easier to be done.

there are 2 types of services - one is where they are literally like Xerox ppl, just printing what others are doing and there is other group who can design their own 3d models - these ppl will definitely cost a bomb. Depend on what you're looking for - you will get charges accordingly.
I already have 3d files with me so they only need to print it in 5mm either color or plain white. But rates are like 650/550/350 what not which is literally not worthy for a mere 3cm object.
My job shouldn't get charged more than 120 bucks.
It as easy as someone carrying a cv in a pendrive to a cybercafe and get it printed for Re 1/-

Yesterday had a meet with a 3D print professional, an anonymous guy found on google...luckily just 1.5kms from my home. Visited his lab and he explained the technology, nature of work etc. and of course how its charged/rates and all. Spent around 4.5hrs just standing both of us and he showcasing his finished as well as ongoing projects and 7 3d printers in actions concurrently. Must say a weekend well spent in some treasure learning etc.
Just that currently he is extremely occupied with lots of assignments he couldn't help me at the moment but the cost per gram and per hour he quoted for my stuff doesn't even costs 120 bucks! So yes he is that guy to lookout for but only after a months wait period.

So imagine 550/350 and this under 120/-

Then visited a company just 2 kms further. They were like some hard level game, dominating and explaining how the print wont be possible for such a small size etc. And they said the efforts for small objects are tremendous an bla bla crap! I could have given them some bash but just wanted to enjoy their stupid time foolishness they were good at.

Finally visited another establish 3d co. and the result was same as above...

Now I can conclude, most of the 3d print cos. people are still noobs portraying themselves as experts and they feel as if they are doing a very great job on this earth by offering 3d printing. They are still not even amateurs but like some fresh college graduates who no doubt know how to deal on big projects but for smaller individual needs they will suck every ounce they can by using shit hi-level words as if one hasn't heard of polygons and vertices etc.
So no matter they have started their own co. or some brand in plush complex, a personal visit to them makes you learn their immature brains..
In short they are not willing to put their hands for hobby needs and small stuff as it wont earn them huge sums..they will shoo you away indirectly giving baseless reasons..

Anyways, my hunt is on for the most vfm person or co..

Last edited:
I already have 3d files with me so they only need to print it in 5mm either color or plain white. But rates are like 650/550/350 what not which is literally not worthy for a mere 3cm object.
My job shouldn't get charged more than 120 bucks.
It as easy as someone carrying a cv in a pendrive to a cybercafe and get it printed for Re 1/-

Yesterday had a meet with a 3D print professional, an anonymous guy found on google...luckily just 1.5kms from my home. Visited his lab and he explained the technology, nature of work etc. and of course how its charged/rates and all. Spent around 4.5hrs just standing both of us and he showcasing his finished as well as ongoing projects and 7 3d printers in actions concurrently. Must say a weekend well spent in some treasure learning etc.
Just that currently he is extremely occupied with lots of assignments he couldn't help me at the moment but the cost per gram and per hour he quoted for my stuff doesn't even costs 120 bucks! So yes he is that guy to lookout for but only after a months wait period.

So imagine 550/350 and this under 120/-

Then visited a company just 2 kms further. They were like some hard level game, dominating and explaining how the print wont be possible for such a small size etc. And they said the efforts for small objects are tremendous an bla bla crap! I could have given them some bash but just wanted to enjoy their stupid time foolishness they were good at.

Finally visited another establish 3d co. and the result was same as above...

Now I can conclude, most of the 3d print cos. people are still noobs portraying themselves as experts and they feel as if they are doing a very great job on this earth by offering 3d printing. They are still not even amateurs but like some fresh college graduates who no doubt know how to deal on big projects but for smaller individual needs they will suck every ounce they can by using shit hi-level words as if one hasn't heard of polygons and vertices etc.
So no matter they have started their own co. or some brand in plush complex, a personal visit to them makes you learn their immature brains..
In short they are not willing to put their hands for hobby needs and small stuff as it wont earn them huge sums..they will shoo you away indirectly giving baseless reasons..

Anyways, my hunt is on for the most vfm person or co..
Anything which is in demand but low supply will always cost high. Unless we are living in a communist country or this was an essential service, the seller or service provider has the right to charge however much he wants. Plus, think of the money you would waste just going from one place to another. It will cost you more in petrol costs than the difference between what they are asking and what you feel is a fair price.

Need to know if someone on this forum does 3D printing so instead of doing it outside I will give the job to him.

I'm currently based in Pune so anyone who knows even outside this forum any services in Pune or even Mumbai will be great!
I generally charge my friends in beer. Can you provide some details about what you need printed? My 3D printer is located at my factory in Vasai which I visit 2-3 times a week. I can get it printed the next time I go there next week. I'm moving this week, so I won't be visiting there. Can't do colored print. I believe I have yellow and white filament on hand, so I could print using those. I'll confirm which colors I'll have when I head there.

I hope you don't mind me jumping in. Doen anyone know of a good CnC cutting service for aluminium?
Where? And milling or EDM? Dimensions? CNC guys generally charge for the time, and aluminium is a pain to mill (compared to iron, steel, etc).

I generally charge my friends in beer. Can you provide some details about what you need printed? My 3D printer is located at my factory in Vasai which I visit 2-3 times a week. I can get it printed the next time I go there next week. I'm moving this week, so I won't be visiting there. Can't do colored print. I believe I have yellow and white filament on hand, so I could print using those. I'll confirm which colors I'll have when I head there.
Thanks will pm me further..

Where? And milling or EDM? Dimensions? CNC guys generally charge for the time, and aluminium is a pain to mill (compared to iron, steel, etc).

I could PM you a STEP file. I honestly don't know if it requires milling or EDM. Could do steel too but that would increase the weight wouldn't it?

I have a Phrozen Sonic Mini 4k at home in Mumbai, happy to print your figurines if you have the model with supports - PM me.

Back