PC Peripherals require info on car speakers...

devp24

Disciple
Hi friends....am planning to buy speakers for my car...i have a pioneer cd player and require some good speakers for that....wat r the good speakers available in the price range of about 5-6k...plz help me choose from Pioneer, blaupunkt, alpine..etc...(the model nos.)

thanks for everything...

Pairing pioneer with pioneer would give the best results, imho. As for model nos its tough to give them as their as just so many, just state your budget and and cd player and they would suggest a config.

Also, check out the pioneer singapore site, most of the models would be available in India.

@devp24, when you go to opera house / L.R. take care that you get authentic stuff .... there is a huge number of counterfeight spks of branded co's being sold in the market. physically they are identical to the originals ....but a keen eye and can detect the fakes from the quality and weight of the magnets , type of rubber linnings etc .....
if you personally know the shopkeeper / dealer then dont mind paying a bit more to get authentic stuff.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Speakers don't really need brand pairing...the best way to check it is to hear them out....

You can get very good rear speaker sets for ~5K and you'll need another pair of front speakers which'll be ~1.5K

but Don't start looking for woofers & stuff ina budget of 5-6 K..

Models are sreiusly difficult to recommend, so as GF says, go and hear em out....

Blaupnkt & pioneer speakers are typically very good, However the Blaupunkts tend to be a lil bass heavy (good if u like bass heavy genres) whereas Pioneers are a lil more well balanced

thanks for all the information u guyz provided...the cd player i have is DEH-P730...the info can be found from the following website
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5861519991&category=39762

it is an old model...just wanted to know whether it will require a amplifier or can I connect speakers without an amplifier.....

I have a query abt speakers too.....i think there are different kinds of speakers available....one has the woofer, tweeter and the mid all integrated into a single speaker...and others are where the woofer, tweeter and the mid avaiable separately....which of the two is better,,,,according to my guess, the one available separately is better....pls correct me if i am wrong...

if you are gonna be driving the car most of the times then buy a tri-axial 6 x 9 spks for the rear and either a co-axial (good vocals + high frequency drivers) or seperate mid-range - tweeter combo for the front.

i.e. keep the bass drivers at the back and mid-range + tweeters in the front.

Which car btw .....

Try JBL range u can get an entire set of back woofers, speakers and the front units for abt 4.8k to 5k and they sound brilliant am talkin abt B'lore prices

Back