required low cost mini Media player HD MKV -

alive hunter

Disciple
Any idea where can i get mini media player HD which can play mkv movies with HDMI output.

Some chinese made are available on ebay....shipping from Hongkong, China

any idea if the same is a available in local market in mumbai or anywhere in india???

I would suggest you to buy Asus OPlay mini for around 3.5k. It is good value for money and comes with official Indian warranty (peace of mind).

i dont wana invest 3.5K... want something which can play mkv on my Sony Bravia .. under 1K..... warranty is not important ....

If its a shoe string budget you are on, then cant comment too much, but if you are not interested in spending money on a whim.. amkette or any such player for 1k will only bring disappointment and frustraitons.

i dont wana invest 3.5K... want something which can play mkv on my Sony Bravia .. under 1K..... warranty is not important ....

I highly doubt you will get decent SD performance from such a device, let alone HD (720p that is, 1080p is out of question). My question is why are you limiting your budget to that ridiculous amount? I'd assume you have an HD TV to play all that media so why not invest in a good media player to get optimum performance from your TV?

The least i would recommend is the one from dealextreme.com costing $31 with free shipping. That's a 1080p player, comes to < 1600.

The software support will be almost nil. Not to mention limited playback support for formats. No warranty either.

The O! Play mini is an extremely VFM device - played everything I threw at it (haven't tried blu-ray iso files). The interface was a bit laggy initially but improved after a software update. I suggest you put in a bit more moolah and get this device.

If you plan on getting the amkette, then 1080p is not possible. It does 720p only.

AFAIK, cost is around 1.2K

Some info about the item :

http://www.amkette.com/product.jsp?id=37

Code:
Specifications

Video File Formats  DAT/VCD (MPEG-1), VOB/DVD (MPEG-2), AVI-DivX/XviD (MPEG-4, Layer 2), RM/RMVB

Audio File Formats  MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, OGG (DTS, AC-3 - Interlaced)

Image Formats  JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PNG, GIF

Text Formats  TXT

Subtitles  SMI, SRT, ASS, SSA

Output  AV, YUV, 5.1 surround sound through Digital Coaxial Output

Input  USB 2.0 port and SD/MMC Card Slot

Supported Storage Formats  USB hard disks, USB Flash drive, SD/MMC Cards (NTFS, FAT32, and FAT16)

Product Dimension  66x66x16mm

Weight  43gm

Power Supply  100-240V A.C, 50/60 Hz

Operational Power Supply  5V DC - 2A 

Warranty  1 Year

Get this http://www.ebay.in/itm/Amkette-Flas...5?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item20c1e48fa9

along with something cheap and use a 200 off on 1500

do not go for iBALL one , i have bitter xp. with them. built like chinese . and it can do only 720 p while advertised to do 1080p.

If you plan on getting the amkette, then 1080p is not possible. It does 720p only.

AFAIK, cost is around 1.2K

Some info about the item :

http://www.amkette.c...oduct.jsp?id=37

Code:
Specifications

Video File Formats  DAT/VCD (MPEG-1), VOB/DVD (MPEG-2), AVI-DivX/XviD (MPEG-4, Layer 2), RM/RMVB

Audio File Formats  MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, OGG (DTS, AC-3 - Interlaced)

Image Formats  JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PNG, GIF

Text Formats  TXT

Subtitles  SMI, SRT, ASS, SSA

Output  AV, YUV, 5.1 surround sound through Digital Coaxial Output

Input  USB 2.0 port and SD/MMC Card Slot

Supported Storage Formats  USB hard disks, USB Flash drive, SD/MMC Cards (NTFS, FAT32, and FAT16)

Product Dimension  66x66x16mm

Weight  43gm

Power Supply  100-240V A.C, 50/60 Hz

Operational Power Supply  5V DC - 2A

Warranty  1 Year

Get this http://www.ebay.in/i...=item20c1e48fa9

along with something cheap and use a 200 off on 1500

BUT this cannot play mkv......!

BUT this cannot play mkv......!

Hmm, the sales person had assured me that it could play mkv
<

Guess he was just trying to sell one
<

You wont get good hd media player for that price at present. Don't buy chinese ones. I would suggest you a different method. If you have a pc or laptop, buy a cheap graphics card. you can get a used one in that price. install it and connect your cpu / laptop to LCD via hdmi cable. This way you can watch movies in all formats and full hd resolution.

You wont get good hd media player for that price at present. Don't buy chinese ones. I would suggest you a different method. If you have a pc or laptop, buy a cheap graphics card. you can get a used one in that price. install it and connect your cpu / laptop to LCD via hdmi cable. This way you can watch movies in all formats and full hd resolution.

You do realize that almost everyone has a GPU/Onboard GPU on their system which can handle HD movies, And LCDs tend to be far away from PCs, And the signal in longer HDMI cable tends to deteriorate a lot and most importantly that you are stating the obvious?

^onboard GPU may or may not handle HD movies. My old cpu was not able to handle even 720p movies. Thats why I suggested to buy external GPU. About connecting cpu and tv, I wanted to say that he will have to move the cpu near the TV and connect to it permanantly and use it as htpc. Or he will have to connect it only when required. I know that buying long hdmi cable is not good idea. Even if we ignore signal loss, Cost of that cable will be too much.

Dude.... listen to all the sane advice mentioned by so many out here & DO NOT GO for cheap stuff. AFAIK - anything below Rs 3.5K (the Asus O!Play Mini is the best) is going to be a waste of money.

By the way, what size is your TV Screen & is it full HD capable (stupid question - I hope) - If it is only HD ready (i.e 720p), then
<

Most blu-ray content (compressed mkv's or iso files) vary from 1.5 to 25GB and even more at times. A cheap player will not be able to handle these files smoothly - (stutter/ AV-delay/ picture freezing etc problems will occur). So think wisely.

Cheers

Back