Requirment: PDA Phone Pice : 13k

Hi guys,

Please pour in all your suggestions for a PDA Phone that is priced @ 13k.
I Lost my HTC Touch :( , so looking for a replacement.

Btw i was looking at ASUS phones and they are good VFM phones and almost all of them have a GPS chipset.

So pour in your suggestions :)

A winmo with 64mb ram n the good ol TI OMAP 850 is as good as a bullock cart with a ferrari's dashboard. Near useless.

What exactly are your requirements BTW?

Yeah thats what...

atleast touch had 128mb ram so it was easy to manage that Manila 2d interface but with Asus im not really sure...

My req..

Price : 13k

Phone : Must be PDA ( need to access microsoft exchange server for my mails)

TouchScreen : yes please :)

RAM : 128Mb and above...

ROM : just enough to fit 6.1 so even 128mb would be fyn :)

@ultra vires : you nad me are sailing in the same boat. Me too am hooked to exchange. Searching your company directory and not having to actually store any office contacts + the ease of use of the shared calendar, tasks n what nots. :)

However thats not the only thing we do with our mobiles. This is what i have realized ofter good 4 years with my current mobile.

I recently stumbled upon the G700 from sony.

Its got symbian UIQ,

good multimedia features,

good memory (160 MB),

Very responsive 2.4" 262K color touchscreen,

3G,

Number pad with very well laid out keys.

And to top it all it can do full exchange integration with ActiveSync. Yes you read it correctly ActiveSync.

Sony Ericsson - Support - G700 - What is Exchange ActiveSyncâ„¢?

I am seriously considering this device, as its retailing for just below 15K here.

Think about it, check out in depth and lets talk about it. I was almost final on buying the Asus 552w last night and today i saw this.

sarang said:
Its got symbian UIQ,
good memory (160 MB),
3G,

And to top it all it can do full exchange integration with ActiveSync. Yes you read it correctly ActiveSync.

Too bad,features like Active Sync go unnoticed in such phones...

Thought this might help...
As mentioned earlier, the G700 runs on the Symbian UIQ platform with 128MB of RAM. However, we found the phone very sluggish, especially when opening applications. For example, if it wasn't already running in the background, opening the message folder took up to 5 seconds at times. The performance took a further beating when we were listening to music via our wireless earphones or watching videos. ~ CNET

The G700 is a mixed bag. It's strong points are a good, slim design, large, bright display and capable multimedia performance. However it loses with a slow UI speed, unimpressive battery life and lack of vital features like wi-fi, EDGE, autofocus and a QWERTY keyboard. So in the end, the G700 neither comes across as a strong business phone nor a strong multimedia phone. It does manages to get adequate number of features from both the camps and packs it in a slim, attractive case at an affordable price. ~ Mobile88

sarang said:
@ultra vires : you nad me are sailing in the same boat. Me too am hooked to exchange. Searching your company directory and not having to actually store any office contacts + the ease of use of the shared calendar, tasks n what nots. :)

However thats not the only thing we do with our mobiles. This is what i have realized ofter good 4 years with my current mobile.

Its got symbian UIQ,

good memory (160 MB),

3G,

Sony Ericsson - Support - G700 - What is Exchange ActiveSyncâ„¢?

I am seriously considering this device, as its retailing for just below 15K here.

Think about it, check out in depth and lets talk about it. I was almost final on buying the Asus 552w last night and today i saw this.

Hmm I should not really budge in, however...

I am not a touch phone fan and hence settled down with this guy:

http://img.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/o2-xda-graphite.gif

Runs at 416 Mhz/64 Mb, already have a Bluetooth GPS that I use when I need it and it fits my bill nicely. And has all the trash including WIFI.

Powerfull nifty guy.

Costed me 6.2k from ebay.

~LT

linuxtechie said:
@sarang, How much is this guy?

~LT

The Asus P552w retails for around 21k-22k(excluding tax).

@sarang The G700 runs on Symbian UIQ, a platform for which development has already been ceased and the development team dissolved. Why would you buy a phone which wont see too many new apps being released?

To the thread owner, the HTC Touch Viva retails for around 15k so it is beyond your budget but you can have a look at it

@hotshot: thanks for the update mate, havent used a symbian much apart from a short stint with the 6630. So wasn't aware of the symbian scene.

@TheToxicMind: LOL just read the same review and came here to update the thread, thanks.

@sc: thanks for the update mate, but i am done with the TI Omap 850 and 64MB RAM part.

@LT: 64 MB RAM :NO:

Thats a smarthphone and i kinda abhor the smartphones since my initial imate days.

So i am back to the 552w decision for the time being. Only thing holding me back is the lack of support for the device at xda-dev.

I was on a wizard for a long long time, and it is a device which has enjoyed the most community support.

i got a quote of 21.5k

its a little out of your budget but is touted to be one of the fastest phones out there.

It beats the diamond by about 60% in all the benchmarks.

sarang said:
@hotshot: thanks for the update mate, havent used a symbian much apart from a short stint with the 6630. So wasn't aware of the symbian scene.

@TheToxicMind: LOL just read the same review and came here to update the thread, thanks.

@sc: thanks for the update mate, but i am done with the TI Omap 850 and 64MB RAM part.

@LT: 64 MB RAM :NO:
Thats a smarthphone and i kinda abhor the smartphones since my initial imate days.

So i am back to the 552w decision for the time being. Only thing holding me back is the lack of support for the device at xda-dev.
I was on a wizard for a long long time, and it is a device which has enjoyed the most community support.
Hmm if you started with imate then I am not surprised. Cant change your views.

~LT

Back