Research projects in New Delhi

Hotstuff

Skilled
Hey,
I am going to enter my second year in CSE at Ip university Delhi ( They dont have any such projects, AFAIK). I am looking to contribute as a research assistant/ intern at any decent project in Delhi. While this would help me to learn more, it will also contribute to my profile when i will apply for internships after my 2nd yr at collg. So, can anyone suggest or give contact ( via PM) of any such projects at companies, IITD or DCE or NSIT, or any other place. Any help on the same wud be appreciated!!!!!!:hap2:

^If you are planning a internship concurrently with your semester - then I am almost certian its not possible to land one. But for summer/winter internships I would suggest directly contacting the professors of the institutes you mentioned - from what i've seen here at IITM - if you come across as sincere, they are more than happy to let you do some minor research work over the summer/winter vacations.

You could talk to a senior prof. in your college itself and try to slipstream into some masters/phd students project for some work. (assuming your college has higher degrees)

Or - start something yourself - take a look at ScienceDirect - Home - to find papers in you area of interest and start soemthing on your own and go with your doubts to your profs - your "Rep" will increase, and you'll learn something too :D

@soggy316: Mine is an undergrad college only, so it does not have any masters projects and as far as i know, there arent any projects going on in the college other than the usual college stuff..as for winter internships, at Ip univ, i only get 7-10 days off as the winter break between the 2 sems which leaves no scope for any winter internships... as for summer internships, i will have to wait till after my 2nd year ( for which i already wud have a compulsory training- counts towards the credits- or any other industrial internship).. My cousin who is about to enter his 3rd year at IITG had done a research assistantship stint with his prof while the smester was going on... he did not work full time, and put in a few hours every week and he got a brilliant reco n RA tag which helped him get an awesome paid internship in the states in florida where he not only co authored a research paper and had fun too...

agreed he had the IIT tag which i dont have, but still i thought u may know of such RA projects or research work going on in colleges or any place in delhi, something that can coincide with my semesters, which not only adds to my CV but gives me some good first hand practical experience too..

@DarkStar: Google prefers ppl who are in their 2nd or 3rd years who have done projects or major coding before.. so i stood no chance right after my first year.

@everyone: more inputs are fully welcome!!

^ oh ok, then i think the best option would be to contact the prof's in IITD/DCE/NSIT that work in the area you are interested in directly - their email id's would be in their faculty pages, - it would help your cause immensely if you had something rudimentary but original to show them - a sign that you are serious.

Anyway, good luck hunting! :)

i had worked on a national level project, called the future cities 2020 competition in the first edition in 2010: here u go: Welcome to Future Cities India 2020 and had gone on to the national level. i was the team leader and the idea man of the team and had designed the 3d plan of the concept on a Bentley MX software, a pro civil engg software single handedly.. though i did not win, but i came quite close, nonetheless..

i have also organized hardware quizzes n OC competitions interschool events two years on a row.. it was the first such event in india top be held in the academic world AFAIK..

currently i am a microsoft student partner and had qualified for the 2nd round (semi finals) of Imagine Cup, the largest student tech competition

Have been a member of the school's tech club (very hard to get into, and undoubtedly the best in delhi, fellow TE members who are in the school computer symposium scenario will tell u that) for the last 5 yrs at school...

unfortunately, i have not yet made any major software or program of mine to show off..

do you think, all the above can help me even a bit wrt a RA at IITD/ DCE, etc...

another unrelated query:

i have done quite a lot of research on the US univs for the past 1.5yrs.. actually had planed to go to US for undergrad itself (70% of my batch is abroad and everyone is loving it, i hate my collg as hell, as you can see)...

the point is that with the above mentioned short profile along with above (90% marks in both 10th and 12th and recos from the school principal, Computer Science HOD and english teacher- from the best school in delhi and well known abroad (it is so believed across all surveys)... had screwed up the SAT's ( got abt 1800 when i had tried once totally unprepared, and thats the score i have as of now, didnt give it again... havent taken the SAT subject tests, due to coaching n all in 12th and a toefl score of 111)....

also, as of now, i only have my first sem results where i scored a not so shabby 75%...
can i get into a good uni in US as an international transfer with some scholarship coz as for now, i cant spend more than 10 lac per annum for undergrad( 30-40lac in total for undergrad, as i might most prolly go in for a masters to US)- full fee + living at most places is atleast 17-18 lac and up, from my research that i have done over the time..

do list the unis which wud take me and fit my budget too

any recommendations on this too will greatly help??

regards

Since you have written such a long reply, it seems you are really interested. So here it goes :)

for internship:
contact a prof online. tell him u found his work really interesting and would love to work on him. add couple of interesting questions to make it seem like u r really interested. tell him u can come to iid/dce daily after ur normal colleges finishes (he will say daily not required. twice a week is sufficient). include ur biggest achievement in email and attach ur resume

he wont mind at all and let you join (he wont be paying u). But u will have to work hard to convert into a recommendation down the line.
p.s. if mailing doesnt work, goto iitd and meet the prof directly.

Back