Reset wrt54g and new Problems

sikvik

Disciple
I reset the wrt54g, holding the reset button. Why...is another long story was basically trying to get a PSP to connect wirelessly....tried to set it up entered wep etc etc but PSP would not connect to the router.

Finally P#$%#d off did the reset.

Now I cant connect to the net Using the Ethernet cable !!!! So can't Enable WEP. And most irritating is of course having to dial up using PPPoE. Earlier it would connect as soon as the modem booted???? :huh:

I can ONLY connect to the net on my lappy wirelessly!!!!! :mad:

What should be done to fix this stink :sos: Tia

By resetting the router, you've set it to factory defaults. You need to go back into the router's setup interface and re-configure PPPoE on the router.

Edit: Didn't see that you mentioned that the laptop is going online wirelessly. Do you connect via the PPPoE dialer on the laptop?? If that's the case, don't use the dialer on the laptop. Let the router handle the PPPoE connection, then all the devices in your network should go online.

Can router settings be changed wirelessly?? I always thought one had to wired up to make changes. Anyway thanks, will try it out in a couple of days as I'm outa station.

Sorry to get back so late....but was out off town. Ok so I type in 192.168.1.1>>

Pop up wants user name and PW type admin leaving UN blank>> browser shows "done" on a blank page!! using Firefox. Now what?? Thx for your help and patience guys..

By the way doing this wirelessly as I mentioned it will not connect wired up to lynksys!! Will WORK when wired up to the BSNL modem. But still gotta use the dialer on the lappy.

Press the reset button for around 40 seconds, then unplug the power cable, wait for about 10 seconds and replug the power cable. Then try to get into the router's interface using IE. You can do it when wired up to the router.

The article greenhorn suggested is pretty helpful if the above-mentioned steps don't work and you need to upgrade the firmware on the router.

Back