The new Marksman!

5239397243c3f2c0704az.jpg
Capelli, the game's protagonist holding the classic Bullseye!​

5239994928860ddf5328z.jpg
In-game screenshot from one of the MP map!​

5239994990ff4af9c03bz.jpg
The military class Chimera!​

PS Blog said:
The main protagonist in Resistance 3 is Joseph Capelli, the Sentinal who was forced to kill Nathan Hale at the end of the previous title. Capelli was dishonourably discharged, and four years later is living in hiding with his wife, Susan, and son, Jack, along with other survivors in the town of Haven, Oklahoma. He’s given up fighting, and is now just trying to hide and survive the Chimeran death squads that roam the planet. But when Dr. Malikov arrives with an opportunity to deliver a blow to the Chimera, Capelli embarks on a road trip to New York City. Resistance 3 is a tale of Capelli’s heroic journey across the country as he encounters the remnants of humanity left in the aftermath of the brutal invasion.

The weapon wheel from Resistance 1 is back! Capelli can now carry his entire arsenal with him at all times. And this time we've got upgradeable weapons as well. :hap2:

About time we kick some Chimeran arse! :eek:hyeah:

re: Resistance 3 - Discussion thread!

Another gameplay trailer released. Looks nice!

[youtube]Iy56adJTBqc[/youtube]

Resistance 2's GFX is really shitty for a shooter (Played first 2 levels so far)... this looks better but not by much.

Incendiary Rushmore shells? NICE! Good to see all the gameplay elements brought back from Resistance: FoM. All the weapons seem to be the same as well. But no Nathan Hale = Fail! (hey that rhymed. :p)

Aman27deep said:
Resistance 2's GFX is really shitty for a shooter (Played first 2 levels so far)... this looks better but not by much.
Thats the biggest concern for me only played for 1 hour and it was like boring , even the big giant bosses are boring

Aman27deep said:
Well,its a console game, so I would be too much hopeful on the GFX department. Just play the game for the Arsenal department, its unique and better than most shooter. :D

Re: Resistance 3 - Discussion thread!

Aman27deep said:
If Resistance 2's graphics looked shitty to you, then you'll literally gag at the sight of Resistance: Fall of Man's graphics. Heck, even BLACK on the PS2 had much more polished graphics than Resistance: FoM. But mark my words; The first game is AWESOME! I enjoyed it far more than the second one. ;)

Dinesh, please post the source as well. Please do that at all times.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Source for a box-art? Why?
He obviously did not design it now did he? Besides, there are not many details revealed either as to if it is the official box-art, who designed it etc.

It is always worthwhile sharing the source. Not that it is sort of mandatory but makes more sense to others.

Gannu said:
He obviously did not design it now did he? Besides, there are not many details revealed either as to if it is the official box-art, who designed it etc.

It is always worthwhile sharing the source. Not that it is sort of mandatory but makes more sense to others.
Dude, it's just a box art. It doesn't really add any value to the game, per se. Besides, it's an image and quoting a source won't really mean anything. Of all the forums I have been on, no one ever quotes the source to the box-art. Also, Dinjo wasn't taking any credit for desgining that boxart, which was an obvious fact. He just posted, what could have been, an official or a fan made box art. Do you REALLY need to know who designed it and if it's official or not?

Lol dude i think he's just saying that adding a source always adds to the credibility of the news, cause there are always some members/people who doubt the source.

I get where he's coming from, but not single thing requires a source. A box-art, like I said, adds no real value to the game's actual content. It's merely an frontal cover of the game's casing.

^Alright let me explain. This box-art wasn't designed by the developer but the British artist Olly Moss. OTOH a vast majority of the box arts are designed by the developers themselves. Had the source been quoted, this fact would have been clear. It is certainly clear he doesn't want to take any credit out of it (I wonder why would you even think this way!) but posting the source, like I said before is ethical unless it was one's own piece of work like a review or a guide.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Of all the forums I have been on, no one ever quotes the source to the box-art.

We need not be like the rest of them. :) We've set our rules, so let us all abide by them.

Just in case you've missed the 11 commandments of TE, I'll quote one of them which reads:

Seek owner permission before reproducing copyrighted material or mention the source in your post.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Do you REALLY need to know who designed it and if it's official or not?

Why not? In this case, someone else other than the developers did it. So it IS worthwhile mentioning it so others would know of it. That was merely the intention of me asking him to quote the source.

Gannu said:
^Alright let me explain. This box-art wasn't designed by the developer but the British artist Olly Moss. OTOH a vast majority of the box arts are designed by the developers themselves. Had the source been quoted, this fact would have been clear.
You have box-arts made from different people prior to the games release. Not everyone is interested in knowing who the artist is or if it's real or not. Reason? It's not a vital element for the game. Box-arts are merely posted as promotional aspects of a game. Take an instance of the MW3 boxart you had posted, which was routed via Kotaku. Real or Fake? Who Created it? Fan-Made boxart? I bet the people who clicked on like for that pic didn't even bother checking the source. They liked how it was presented and that's the purpose of a boxart.

Gannu said:
It is certainly clear he doesn't want to take any credit out of it (I wonder why would you even think this way!) but posting the source, like I said before is ethical unless it was one's own piece of work like a review or a guide.
Pray, then what was the point of asking this rhetorical question (I'll quote your words) "He obviously did not design it now did he?".

Gannu said:
We need not be like the rest of them. :) We've set our rules, so let us all abide by them.
Fair enough. :)

Gannu said:
Why not? In this case, someone else other than the developers did it. So it IS worthwhile mentioning it so others would know of it. That was merely the intention of me asking him to quote the source.
I would like to see a show of hands of who all would be interested in just watching the boxart and who all would be interested in knowing the source from where it came, who made it etc.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Take an instance of the MW3 boxart you had posted, which was routed via Kotaku. Real or Fake? Who Created it? Fan-Made boxart? I bet the people who clicked on like for that pic didn't even bother checking the source. They liked how it was presented and that's the purpose of a boxart.

It does certainly matter where it came from which is why I posted the source. Kotaku (or any other source for that matter) clearly gives few details about the box art as well and other links to any recent advancements of the game. Not to mention some interesting comments to be read on the source as well. Agreed, some of them may not be willing to click on the source but given the link, it means no harm. Which is why I said it isn't mandatory in this case.

On a similar note, one can always copy and paste the reviews/guides/walkthroughs from other sites. Isn't posting the source relevant here? Ofc one is more interested in reading the content than knowing who compiled it. But one has to give the due credit to who did it and thus we post the source links. Needless to say, it is a copyrighted content. The same goes for the box-art.

This seems to be going way out of topic. Anyways, I'll stick to what I felt is good without comparing as to how it is done in the other forums. And I'd urge other fellow gamers to do so.

Back