Resistance 3 - Discussion thread

^ They haven't, because I finished the game yesterday without the updates.

The campaign could have been a little longer.

And I guess due to lack of characters, they couldn't put a boss battle in the finale.

An excellent game overall with simply the best shooter arsenal out there.

^Actually I am fed up with each game concluding on a boss battle. I wasn't expecting one in Portal 2 and BAM there was one. :p

My first impression of R3.

4q6Hz.png

Haha ROFLMAO! :rofl:

You shouldn't have gone with the updates Jojo! I recall the last time I was asked to do a forced update was for Uncharted 2. In fact, IIRC Uncharted 2 had also prompted a mandatory firmware update (or it was for trophy syncs). But it was just 60~70MB or so and I remember it took close to an hour on a 1mbps connection! Hail Sony's update servers!

Did it work finally?

Man i should've listened to you. :( I had to delete the installation. It took approx 1hr to delete the damn thing. Then I disconnected the net and installed the game. Next, i installed the updates, thankfully this time the speed was good. It was done in 4 hrs. After that the game worked flawlessly. I start off with the campaign once I'm done with Deus Ex. :D

And the main problem wasn't the updates. It was the stupid coding of the devs. I recall installing updates for U2 during its first run and the game worked without any issues. But with R3, its completely broken. Install the game before applying updates? How the heck was I suppose to know? :mad:

The game really becomes uber awesome on Superhuman as lower difficulties are not much fun but during the second play-through you get to keep the weapon upgrades :eek:hyeah:

Back