ocizer

Disciple
i dont know whether i am asking it in the right way or not

but here goes my problem

in my dell studio 15 with windows 7 64bit

i cannot use any other resolution except for the recommended 1366x768

if i go for any other resolution such as 1024x768

i am getting an incomplete screen

i.e the screen is centered with 1024x768 resolution and some part is left blank on both the sides

actually even if it is at 1024x768 or any other resolution it has to occupy whole screen right:huh:

same goes with the games

pls help and let me know if you want to know anything

i found the same problem even with some other people but still cant find the answer

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproui/thread/4d8e0812-322b-4a49-99be-b6f78fc34357

I guess you have bought the lappy with a ATI card, there's a option in ATI Control Panel called Image Scaling, Choose the 2nd option Scale Image to Full Panel

If not ATI check other display drivers respective Control Panel for similar options
BTW congo on the Lappy :)

Check the image below
ati_scaling.jpg

andrew327 said:
I guess you have bought the lappy with a ATI card, there's a option in ATI Control Panel called Image Scaling, Choose the 2nd option Scale Image to Full Panel

If not ATI check other display drivers respective Control Panel for similar options
BTW congo on the Lappy :)

thanks for your help dude

but i couldnt find that option ive searched the whole catalyst centre
and also my catalyst center doesnt look like what uve shown in the image

i searched even in control panel for scaling couldnt find any

please can you give me a link for any other drivers that i could use with it:huh:

Hmm try this

- Set your resolution to anything below your usual resolution.
- Right-click your desktop, and go to the Catalyst Control Center. Set it to advanced mode if it's not already.
- At the top left, click the "Graphics" menu, and then "Desktops & Displays".
- For your desired display, click the little black triangle in the bottom part of the screen, on the LITTLE picture, not the BIG one, and click "Configure".
- The scaling options will now be selectable, check the "Enable GPU scaling" box and select "Maintain aspect ratio". Hit Apply.
- Set your old resolution back. Even though the forementioned scaling controls are greyed out and you can actually see "Scale image to full panel size" grey-selected, don't worry.

Thank you very much dude that worked:hap2:

EDIT:worked for the background screen but not for games

anyway better than before at low resolutions also

but i dint have the enable gpu scaling box but there was preserve aspect ratio,fullscreen,centered

ive selected full screen then it worked

Good to hear that it worked...

About the games try setting the other options and check if you can play games in full screen or not...

Back