Respirator for my car

LOL..respirator i like the way you put it...

Iant it a turbo kit? Amey where are you doing these mods in Pune I'd love to come by to see for sure...

Oh Congrats for sure...

Haha thanks :)
Yes it is a Turbo Kit. MHI TD05HRA16G 10.5T TME To be precise :p

The work is being done in Baner at a friend's garage.

How much extra boost/power (have no idea exactly what) will it add to the car..? Will the fuel economy also go down..?

Next time I come to Pune will make sure to ak for a ride in your Turbo charged Lancer and you could get your old Lancer stress tested too :p

Yes it is a Turbo Kit. MHI TD05HRA16G 10.5T TME To be precise

The work is being done in Baner at a friend's garage.

Yeh Amey,

Can you PM me more details, I have been looking for a decent modder in Pune,

Would love to come by to check out your ride, you should be pushing about 130-140Bhp with this kit, what other mods have you intended?

are you on Team-bhp as well...?

Have a blast rippin the Expressway...

congo..!

turbo charged lancer..w00t..

is there a dyno where you can check how much break horse power your car makes?

i really want to know your cars specs..

asingh said:
How much extra boost/power (have no idea exactly what) will it add to the car..? Will the fuel economy also go down..?
Depends on lots of factors. Most important being how much boost one is running. you can have boost right from 5-40 PSi depending on the turbo. This particular turbo is rated till 25 psi, 17-19 psi being the sweet spot. Fuel economy will definitely go down.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Desecrator said:
Congrats Amey! :)

PS: All set for the GOOC Regionals? :p
Lol what all set and all. Going there because Appo and Toolius aren't going. With the kind of opponents there, I really don't stand a chance but then who cares, I'll just go and give my best shot and have loads of fun clocking :p

Roxtin said:
Next time I come to Pune will make sure to ak for a ride in your Turbo charged Lancer and you could get your old Lancer stress tested too :p
Sure mate, why not ? Lets hope the car is running by that time :) Still a LOT of work is remaining. I expect another 4-5 months till its perfectly tuned.

I am doing the work at my friend's garage in baner. He runs a garage called Tune-Up Plus. This is sort of a joint venture, both of us doing something like this for the first time :)
You are most welcome to drop in any time.130-140 ? Haha well thats what she will be putting out in Non-Turbo form ;)
Other Mods...well..
Here is a brief list,
Chassis strengthening, either Coilover suspension or Adjustable dampers+Stiffening springs, Billet high pressure fuel rail, Adjustable fuel pressure regulator,standalone ECU,bigger injectors,custom exhaust, etc.

Yes I am on Tbhp.My handle is 'Amey'

I am dying for the day she will be completely ready so that i can have a few quick E-Way runs ;)

There is a Dyno in Mumbai but unfortunately none in Pune. I do plan to Dyno her once she is completely ready with tuning etc.
What do you want to know about the car ?

Chassis strengthening, either Coilover suspension or Adjustable dampers+Stiffening springs, Billet high pressure fuel rail, Adjustable fuel pressure regulator,standalone ECU,bigger injectors,custom exhaust, et

Awesome Amey,...

Would love to come and see it in person, over the weekend if I get a chance.

What bhp are you trying to achieve by the turbo? What is the approx bhp now?

What is it the 0-100 time conservatively..?

Mine is a slightly modded vRS but I dont think it will keep up once your is ready...but should be fun.

I think tBhp is a better place will send you a PM there...

Its Nanu28 there...Cheers, Have fun rippin her once she is ready...

:)

BTW. I think we have already exchanged PM's on T-Bhp, I remember you helped me out with a set of tyres for my car I think i needed a dealers contact or something...Thanks anyway :)

Looks good. Are you planning anything for the engine internals? Will they hold the stress?

Also, will you be tuning the ECU yourself or just stick with the base map which comes with the standalone ?

Noob question: Does the Turbo have an effect on the sound note that the engine produces. If yes, and possible then do record the before and after sounds of the engine...

And I wanna see how the Turbo changes the drive factor.. I mean after ripping CGI roads in NFS for a long time I wanted to see it in person :)

Hey Nanu,
Most welcome to drop by mate :)
Well conservative target is around 200 whp with 5-8 Psi boost. Tuning and higher boost will get some big gains though.Engine is being built to handle around 400 BHp. Turbo is capable of 350bhp.Although I dont intend to achieve that high a power in a front wheel drive and to attain good reliability.
Donno about the 0-100 timing mate. Havent checked yet.
vRS.....Nice. Even that 1.8L puppy has some mind boggling power reserves which can be unleashed with a bit of tinkering :p Isnt it :)
I have a thread in the Modification section on Tbhp.

tifosi said:
Looks good. Are you planning anything for the engine internals? Will they hold the stress?

Also, will you be tuning the ECU yourself or just stick with the base map which comes with the standalone ?
I guess this should say it all :)

Yes, I will be tuning the Standalone myself.Infact I have to,cannot stick with the base map. Tunning is the key in such builds.

djmykey said:
Noob question: Does the Turbo have an effect on the sound note that the engine produces. If yes, and possible then do record the before and after sounds of the engine...

And I wanna see how the Turbo changes the drive factor.. I mean after ripping CGI roads in NFS for a long time I wanted to see it in person :)
Yes, with a Turbo setup the note does change a bit but its also due to forged internals. First let me get the car running in Stock NA form,then I will record before and after videos.
Will let you know once she is ready, will take you for a spin :)

This is really interesting.

If possible could you create like a mini work log of what all you did, also some pictures. I doubt I will ever do this, but damn interesting to see the change. I know am comparing this to a computer hardware setup, sorry. Of course this is a totally different ball game, and real images and documentation might be difficult. Or just a basic wire frame of the steps.

I have a thread in the Modification section on Tbhp.

YEah just went thru it, Havent logged on to tBhp for a while so didnt go thru it earlier, looks great.

Yes I was right I spoke to you earlier regarding PP2's in Pune as I am new here...like about a year back...

Will call you over the weekend.

Cheers,

Back