CPU/Mobo Restarting problem......

Rahul

Skilled
i have changed my processor to Opetron 170 from venice ..... i have installed windows Patch for dual cores and AMD driver.

sometimes my comp restarts while booting ..... it will load windows and restart when windows loads the start up items :-/ ...... its mostly there on cold starts ..... after that reboot computer runs completely fine ...... i have prime it for 14 hours no errors .....

processor is stock no OCing as of now ....

Rahul said:
some please help me out :( .....

formating will help ??
Before you try a reinstall, check if your memory is running on recommended voltage... manually set the voltage instead of Auto. It's worth a shot.

thanks bottle and rio will try when i will get back home ....

can it be a PSU issue ..... i heard something like this a while back but can't recall what it was ?? .....

It may b possible that ur psu is giving u trouble just check if else check ur OS the last option

also check ur ram its get heat or not if its gets too hot then its sure a ram problem

Have you set your RAM timings aggressively or anything apart from Auto?

As you know the mem controller is on-die for the A64's.. so the newer Opteron's mem controller might not be playing well with the memory.

(However considering you primed for a while, i guess its not memory either)

Also try increasing the vCore a bit from the defaults.

Re-installing the OS should be looked at as well, cause sometimes with all your overclocking adventures, you may end up corrupting your install .

I was having the exact same problem of yours... it turned out to be a faulty reset switch on the cabinet, i think the wires were shorting somewhere, took out the reset switch, and its now working absolutely fine.

found out the problem ..... when i leave the UPS on for 2 mins before switching on the computer .... there is no restart ..... so i guess its either UPS or PSU ....

Rahul said:
found out the problem ..... when i leave the UPS on for 2 mins before switching on the computer .... there is no restart ..... so i guess its either UPS or PSU ....

I have AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
512 X 2 gb ram and 5 fan

I had same same problem has Rahul said i try formating too but no help
i even try removing my five fan too think it PSU but same problem

When i keep my Ups on for 3-5 mins before switching on the computer

I think it ups problem
Byway Rahul for how much hours does urs pc run
my pc rum 12-15 hours daily

Back