Resume downloading from different torrent?

Zero

Disciple
I have downloaded a torrent and it completed upto 80% but then the seed vanished ....But that not the problem..
I found another torrent but the file i was looking for was in a folder ....
I created the folder myself ....
and copied the half downloaded file to that folder...
And when i tried to download that file from the new torrent u torrent started checking....
But after checking the file was done only 20 mb but in the dead torrent it was downloaded about 350 mb.......
any help or my procedure is wrong...

Zero said:
I have downloaded a torrent and it completed upto 80% but then the seed vanished ....But that not the problem..
I found another torrent but the file i was looking for was in a folder ....
I created the folder myself ....
and copied the half downloaded file to that folder...
And when i tried to download that file from the new torrent u torrent started checking....
But after checking the file was done only 20 mb but in the dead torrent it was downloaded about 350 mb.......
any help or my procedure is wrong...

Re-checking torrent for seeding with wrong location - Forums - Torrent - The Lightweight and Efficient BitTorrent Client

If the file hashes are different it won't work no matter what you do. Be grateful that you have to download 20MB less, and restart the download.

Because that is the part of the file that matches the hash. Try a 'force re-check' from the torrent context menu and see if it increases, else you'll have to live with the matched bits and download the rest. This is common when you try to use single or partially downloaded files from one torrent to complete a download for an abandoned torrent.

tried the force recheck up but same result........

well i guess i have to download it again.......

Thanx for the help

Back