Audio Reviews Needed on JBL SCS 200.5 Home Theater system 5.1 !!!!

ny2j

Disciple
Hi All,

Please share your reviews on JBL SCS 200.5 Home theater system.
It is retailing for 29k all inclusive with Harman Kardon 142 reciever [usb input]

ny2j.

From what I auditioned, JBL was very bass heavy. Well suited to 'boom-boom' music. Definitely not a pleasure to hear over long movie sessions IMHO. Why not also compare Onkyo HTS 3400 and Yamaha YH 294 while you are at it?

Hey Nishant,

i did audition the ONKYO HTS3400 but i found it a lil less punchy on bass.

however the bass can be controlled on JBL....i found the vocals on JBL crystal clear .

The Demo room was as big as my actual setup room so i found the performance apt.

However i will check out the YAMAHA model you have mentioned on your recommendation.

It will be great if you can share some f ur observation on tech specs of Harman Kardon AVR 134 bundled with this setup.....

Yes Onkyo is less bassy. Thats why its more suited for movies than music. The dialogue delivery in Onkyo was the best in my opinion. Also, the amp delivers power at at 120 wrms (Onkyo) vis-a-vis 50w rms per channel (JBL or HK). So if in future you wish to upgrade your speakers, you are better off in Onkyo.

Onkyo does have a model which has an active subwoofer (i.e. the bass can be controlled). That retails for about 36k. Check that out.

Yamaha again is good for music than movies. So identify your usage first and then go ahead with the audition.

My usage is 60% movies and 40% music :)

Yes the Onkyo that retails for around 40k sounds good and bassy....

But i need crisp vocals with sweet base at low volumes :) that is where it lacks a bit...

however i will audition a setup....DENON 1311 + Boston Acoustics soundware 5.1 ...lemme see how it performes...

Till now i am biased to HK-JBL :) however i will scrutinize it further this weekend :)

Back