Laptops Reviews on the new sony vaio VPCCW21FX/W with i3 processor

My sister is looking out for a laptop. Is somehow all set on getting a vaio. How is the sony vaio VPCCW21FX/W ? Best buy is selling it for 750 odd dollars. Any reviews on the machine ?

Also, any reviews on how better are the newer i3 series processor compared to say a intel p series or t series core2duo ?

Sony - VAIO Laptop with Intel® Core™ i3 Processor - Icy White - VPCCW21FX/W

• What's your Budget? (e.g. as less as possible, ideally 35k or so)
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (web surfing/office apps/movies/maybe a odd game)
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (ideally 14 or 15 incher)
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (prefer sony,dell,toshiba in the order of preference. will avoid acer/gateway/emachines/samsung at all cost)
  • Any other considerations? (widescreen)

well, i was trying to look for some benchmarks which would give me a idea where a intel i3 330m vs a t6600.

i simply havent googled enough, but seems at the same clock speed, the gain is about 10% in synthetic benchmarks. TDP wise, power consumption is about the level as the p series c2d.

well,while it seems i5 is a clear winner with most c2d, it is not so clear with i3. i was trying to look for some benchmarks which would give me a idea where a intel i3 330m vs a t6600.

i simply havent googled enough, but seems at the same clock speed, the gain is about 10% in synthetic benchmarks. TDP wise, power consumption is about the level as the p series c2d. battery life is also similar.

bitsandpieces said:
well, i was trying to look for some benchmarks which would give me a idea where a intel i3 330m vs a t6600.

i simply havent googled enough, but seems at the same clock speed, the gain is about 10% in synthetic benchmarks. TDP wise, power consumption is about the level as the p series c2d.

well,while it seems i5 is a clear winner with most c2d, it is not so clear with i3. i was trying to look for some benchmarks which would give me a idea where a intel i3 330m vs a t6600.

i simply havent googled enough, but seems at the same clock speed, the gain is about 10% in synthetic benchmarks. TDP wise, power consumption is about the level as the p series c2d. battery life is also similar.

Notebookcheck: Mobile Processors - Benchmarklist

The core i-3 is better than the T-6600. Infact when you compare it with any other dual core processor with the same 2.13Ghz this is better than that. So going for i-3 over the C2D is a better choice.

Also, i think the recently unveiled i3/i5s have better on board graphics, which can easily handle 1080p.

anyday the 'i' series over the c2d t6600. t6600 is the most budget c2d in any case, at 2.2Ghz

Back