Rig b/w 35 - 40k

duck_dodgers

Disciple
BUILDING A RIG 4 COUSINS - 15yr Kids
Need an All rounder, Decent and Future proof PC. No chances of buying upto 5 yrs!
1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 35-40K

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Doesnt matter, building from scratch.
3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
None

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Quad Core CPU and a decent GFX card and 22inch monitor

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

FINAL CONFIG

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1. Mumbai - Lamington? Suggestion for any dealer
2. Open to online purchase - NO

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
1. Yes/No - NO

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Gaming - Yes
2. Browsing - Yes
3. Desktop Processing - NO
4. HTPC - NO
5. Download rig, 24x7 operation - NO
6. Watching HD movies - Not HD particularly but should play it.

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
1. Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
- echoed my thoughts. Gigabyte preferable?

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
1. Strategy - Civilization 4
2. Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
- Cant say, but should be able to play it!!!
11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1. Gaming - 1280x728 - yes
2. Desktop - 1440x900 - yes

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
1. Yes/No - NO

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows 7 32 bit

Thanx!

Processor Intel Core i5 2400 9300

Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 (B3 Revision) 4700

RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz CL9 1xGB 2600

GPU MSI HD5770 / HD6850 6700 / 9500

HDD Seagate 7200.12 1TB 2700

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

Monitor BenQ G2220HD 7400

PSU Corsair CX400 2500

Keyboard Logitech Combo 700

Mouse

Speakers Altec Lansing VS2621 1500

DVD Writer Samsung 950

Total 41150 / 43950

For your usage core i3 2100 would suffice but i only suggested i5 2400 (Quad Core) as you have mentioned that you wont upgrade this rig till next 5 years...

1. Can u suggest a gigabyte board instead of MSI in the same range? i dont have any good experience with MSI, is gigabyte preferable?

2. is 5770 capable of providing consistent playable framerates for games like crysis2 and other such games?

1. Can u suggest a gigabyte board instead of MSI in the same range? i dont have any good experience with MSI, is gigabyte preferable?

MSI H67MA-E35 is a best board in 5k range... buy it eyes closed... And FYI Digilink handles RMA of both MSI and Gigabyte boards... but if you want to buy a gigabyte board only then increase your budget and buy Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H ~ 8k which has same features like MSI H67MA-E35 only but has only one advantage over MSI H67MA-E35... It comes with 4 Ram slots... Apart from that they are similar only feature wise...

2. is 5770 capable of providing consistent playable framerates for games like crysis2 and other such games?

Even HD6850 wont be able to handle Crysis 2 @FullHD Resolution with all settings cranked up... But yeah HD5770 would be able to give playable framerate @1600x900 resolution with medium setting...

duck_dodgers said:
Okay. i guess ill settle with MSI mobo and 5770..

Thanks!
Go ahead and buy all the components that i have suggested above from TheItWares shop (aka E-Lounge)...

Address: Shop Address: M/s.E-Lounge, Simlim Square, Shop No. 306, 3rd Floor, D.B. Marg, Lamington Road, Grant Road (East), Mumbai - 400007

Just found this Message on Rahul's (E-Lounge Owner) site

TheItWares said:
We are closed from 30/5/2011 till 05/6/2011 as we are visiting Computex 2011

We have SHIFTED to Our New Office

Alternate Shop: Primeabgb

you can order the stuff online and ask them to deliver it foc.

saves you time of going to lamington...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bargain as well.

actually im buying it 4 my cousins, my uncle is not open to online shopping, hence. i could buy it from itwares, his house is like 2min walk from my house, would save me the trip, but he is gone to visit computex!

nick2012 said:
as this rig is for 5 years

guys i think amd 6 core will be more future proof
The AMD Thuban hexes are completely pulverized by the Sandy-Bridge chips in all the benches, AMD has lost sheen currently if you need a medium-high end RIG. Sandy-Bridge is the future. It is like pitting an Iraqi T-72 against an M1A2 Abrams from the US Army and expect the T-72 to land a shot on the opponent from atleast a mile out (for that they'll need a FLIR and computer guided systems, but like most Soviet machinery sold to the mid-east [DIRT CHEAP] it didn't have a computer based gyro so after 800 yards the shell can go any which way).

AnandTech - Bench - CPU

@Hades Can you explain why you suggested G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz CL9 1xGB ? I think he will need at least 2GB.

Oh, its a typo. Never mind.

Back