Rig for 30k excluding GPU

rahul30

Recruit
Q: What is your budget?

30-33K (excluding GPU)

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Amd x4 955 BE
Motherboard - any good ati 4200 gpu motherboard (with hdmi)
GPU - Not buying now
Ram 2Gb ddr2 1333 mhz ram corsair or kingston or gskill-
500 gig hard disk seagate -
cabinet +psu - (suggest me which )
keyboard + mouse - not more than rs. 1000
22 inches or higher full hd monitor for ps3 gaming ( will be used with pc also)

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will add the following within 3 months

Gpu - around october or november
Ram - 2gb more

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Kolkata (1st preference)
online purchase (only if price is extra ordinarily high in kolkata)

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Casual Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

None

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

casual gaming pes , fifa , nfs series , gta series , prince series (for the time being at low res and later after adding gpu at his resolution.
Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Need suggestions on what is the best

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows Xp or Windows 7
P.S - I am building a rig ...for home and casual gaming ( pes , fifa , nfs series , gta series , prince series) ...I won't buy a graphics card right away (will wait till pes fifa/pes games till october) .. I also need a 22" + lcd full hd monitor for both ps3 and pc ... Considering I don't wanna go for hd gaming right away ( lower res is fine for the time being ) , I thought amd would be the way to go as its motherboard has onboard ati 4200 series graphics card.

Please suggest if the above build that I have in mind is okay or I can do better . I don't wanna go all out for a very high end gaming pc as I travel frequently and would be buying a high end laptop in coming months. So , thats why I am restricting myself to a budget (around 20k to 22k excluding monitor ) not to go overboard (which would be an overkill for me ) .

Try this...

Processor Amd x4 955 BE 7500

Motherboard MSI 880GMA-E45 5700

RAM G. Skill F3-10600CL9S-2GBNT 2GB 1333MHz DDRIII 2600

HDD 500 GB Seagate 7200.12 2000

Monitor Benq G2220HD 7700

Cabinet NZXT Gamma/ CM Elite 3xx 2100

PSU/SMPS Corsair cX 400 2700

Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 700

ODD L.G. GH22NS50 OEM SATA DVD-Writer 950

Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 VS2621 1650

Total= 33600/- :)

Nice config bro ... But I can knock down 1650 rs. on the speakers as I already have Tritton Ax 720 headphones ( I forgot to mention this ).

1) Any intel alternative here ?

2) Is this processor an overkill for me (considering the choice of my games) ?

3) Any other monitors in the 10-12 k bracket ?

4) The psu which you mentioned, upto what GPU can it handle without breaking a sweat ?

1) i5 would push u over budget and is way overkill for ur casual games

2) It actually is kinda overkill for casual gaming... a 945 or 925 would be sufficient since ur not gonna overclock

3)Monitor Benq G2420HD 10800

4)What GPU are u planning to purchase?? i think it can handle a HD 5770 along with ur rig comfortably

If u want to get a HD 5850 i would recommend a Corsair VX450 instead for some headroom...

Also 1tb hdd is 3200 so u might wanna consider that as well...

The difference in price between a 925 and 955 BE is around 1400 Rs. which is tempting me to go for x4 955 BE. .. Considering I don't have much to do with audio video decoding ,etc, which are highly cpu centric. My use is primarily for light photo editing, casual gaming . So how significant will be the difference between a x4 635 and a x4 955 BE ??

Also regarding your choice of motherboard you suggested , I was going around many other ones and the one which I liked was GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H . Its price is around Rs. 4100 (theitwares) . So what is the difference between the more expensive motherboard you suggested ( MSI 880GMA-E45) and this one .

Regarding Gpu I will go for not higher than Ati 5770 or an intel equivalent in the future ...

(

rahul30 said:
The difference in price between a 925 and 955 BE is around 1400 Rs. which is tempting me to go for x4 955 BE. .. Considering I don't have much to do with audio video decoding ,etc, which are highly cpu centric. My use is primarily for light photo editing, casual gaming . So how significant will be the difference between a x4 635 and a x4 955 BE ??

Also regarding your choice of motherboard you suggested , I was going around many other ones and the one which I liked was GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H . Its price is around Rs. 4100 (theitwares) . So what is the difference between the more expensive motherboard you suggested ( MSI 880GMA-E45) and this one .

Regarding Gpu I will go for not higher than Ati 5770 or an intel equivalent in the future ...

(
The MSI one is AM3, DDRIII mobo with USB 3.0, SATA 6Gbps and all solid caps. The Giga u have mentioned is AM2+, DDRII mobo with solid caps for only CPU VRM and lacks USB3.0 and has only SATA 3Gbps. SATA speeds doesnt matter much for regular HDD's. But USB 3.0 is an added advantage.

If u dont want USB 3.0 then u can consider the MSI 785GM-E51~ 5.1k. Its a AM3, DDRIII mobo.

^ bro what is the added advantage of usb 3.0 ?

also I still have doubt about this - how significant will be the difference between a x4 635 and a x4 955 BE ??

Back