Rig for Jan 2k11

yashchitale

Disciple
Been waiting for this forever. :clap: Purpose: Gaming

Cab: Cooler Master HAF 922(not sure please give suggestions for cab)
PSU: Corsair TX850
Mobo: Asus P67 board or Gigabyte P67A-UD4/UD5(depending on budget & price)
CPU: Intel i5-2500k
GPU: GTX 570 or HD 6950. think ill go with gtx 570 having read the reviews.
Memory: 1866/1600 Mhz 6gb cl8/cl9 triple channel kit preferably Gskill/Corsair
Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 SCMG-2100

and if anyone could make any price estimates and comments on availability on the mobo cpu and gpu it would be appreciated. thanks. :D

I have another question. With christmas close by. could i get my brother to bring the gpu as a gift from Redmond, USA to Pune, India? will he be charged duty?

Thoughts and suggestions? :D

I JUIST WANT TO ADD ABOUT THE CABINET,.... if u are thinking of looks, then i would suggest the NZXT Phantom . a kikass cab and comes with superb cooling features.... i dnt think u would be hesitant to add on arnd 1k to the existing budget which wouyld buy u the Phantom.....
p.s. i dnno the exact price of haf . but the NZXT comes at around 8.x k ... just check it out !!!!

and btw. the war between 570 and 6970 is pretty close..... if u goes by the experts ...still,.. benchmark results are not completly out YET ! .... the choice of graphic card totally depends on your preference... both are neck n neck !

hey,

Cool looking rig,but you realy list out your budget and requirements so that people can help you.Use this - Template.

And you can get your brother to bring the card its no problem,people do it all the time.Just remember that the warranty on the card will be valid only in the US.So if something goes wrong someone will have to take it back there or you will have to ship it to the US for RMA.

thanks so much for the help.. i guess get my gtx 570 from the states then. cause he travels to and fro a a lot. and i can say my budget is around 60k without the monitor keyboard mouse speakers etc.. ill be buying everything except the GPU from Mumbai by mid Jan.

yashchitale said:
thanks so much for the help.. i guess get my gtx 570 from the states then. cause he travels to and fro a a lot. and i can say my budget is around 60k without the monitor keyboard mouse speakers etc.. ill be buying everything except the GPU from Mumbai by mid Jan.
Better get MSI rather than Palit. Also by Jan prices would have stabilized. Today the HD6950 and HD6970 also were released :)

HAF 922 doesn't include filters.

I think you can get HAF X if you wish to spend another 4000. You can also look at CM 690 II Advanced. I am planning to buy either one of these by next month.

I checked newegg and amazon and it seems that HAF 922 is also a nice cabinet. There are holes on the top, side and bottom. It is wider and hence you can fit big coolers.

If you are going to add extra fans then go for CM 690 II otherwise go for NZXT Tempest EVO. CM 690 II comes only 3 fans . Front 120 , Top 140 , Rear 120

Is HAF 922 better than CM 690 II ADVANCED?

HAF 922 - 3 MegaFlows - 200 mm
CM 690 - Lot of 120/140 mm fan.

I can add 140 mm CM fans but will it cool my components.

Which is better?

^^

Wait for the GTX 560 to release or go for the GTX 570 ~ brands to be looked at are MSI or Zotac or XFX. Palit is not so well known, pricing of a GTX 570 based card ~ 22K

In ATi you have a slightly better picture and can pick the AMD Radeon HD 6950 demolishes the GTX 470 and currently far below the price of GTX 570 and there is no GTX 560 to compete to boot, pricing ~ 18.5K

hope this helps :)

and for cabinet I reiterate that the NZXT Tempest EVO fits your purpose perfectly

Back