RIG in 50k

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Questions

Q: What is your budget?

50k[top limit]

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

CPU - Intel Q8300

Motherboard - MSI P45C

GPU - ATI HD5770

RAM - Corsair 2x2GB Value DDR3

Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster P2250

SMPS - Cooler master GX550

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Monitor - Samsung SM P2250,RAM , HDD and Cabinet . Speakers , Keyboard, Mouse .

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Intel i5 2500k

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67UD3R

GPU - GTX580[for 23k].. only thing that will be bought 2nd hand .

SMPS - Seasonic 750w

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months

Cabinet - DragonLord K62 or HAF 912

RAM - not decided depends on money I have left .

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Kolkata

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No.

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming

Browsing

Desktop Processing

HTPC

Download rig, 24x7 operation

Designing and other freelancing stuffs.

Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Will prefer Gigabyte rather than ASUS .

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Almost all Major releases

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1080p

Desktop - 1080p

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes.When I have compatible cooler. Is Hyper 212+ compatible with 1155 socket ? Mine one was compatible with all previous i5/7 sockets.

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

Linux - Mandriva,ubuntu, arch linux[later on].

Your thread is very confusing :S

Can you tell me which components are you looking to and what would like to retain from your previous rig...

deathgoddg said:
RAM, HDD, Cabinet and peripherals
First edit your post so that its legitimate for getting an Idea as to what you are upto, please dont use general words like "pheripherals" what would that mean ? You want to buy a set of routers ? That counts as pheripherals too :|

Just a thought/suggestion, dont take it the wrong way.

:cool2:

Whats your current cabby? GTX580 is a beast and dont put it in a low end cabby with poor ventilation and airflow in the middle of Indian summer!!!

Edit: Bah! Hades bet me to it :p I wil delete his post so that mine is first ;)

well elite 430 ... it written on my signature be alert :p LOL . Will buy the mentioned when I get money by selling the current setup.

deathgoddg said:
well elite 430 ... it written on my signature be alert :p LOL . Will buy the mentioned when I get money by selling the current setup.

Signature invisible for people in office which blocks image hosts :mad:
Elite 430 is not good for cable managment. With a 750w PSU non-modular PSU and a GTX 580 its going to be a long weekend of assembling for you :p

DarkAngel said:
Whats your current cabby? GTX580 is a beast and dont put it in a low end cabby with poor ventilation and airflow in the middle of Indian summer!!!

Edit: Bah! Hades bet me to it :p I wil delete his post so that mine is first ;)

LOL...! survival of the fittest aa DA saar ? :p

Also a CM 430 with enough fans should do the job IMO, considering its a single GPU setup.

deathgoddg said:
anything else to correct guys ?
Good Job :)

One last question, why do you want to upgrade your current setup ? (Long time since I've used bold :p)

Because, IMO with only a GPU change, your'e rig is good to go, max out some of the games (like it already does on the 5770)

-So basically CPU+GPU+Mobo+PSU for 28k

Intel Core i5 2500k - 11000

Gigabyte GA P67A-UD3 (B3) ~9k

Corsair HX750~8.5k

RAM : Not necessary, save up get a better cabinet.

:cool2:

First of all I woudn't advise you to buy GTX580... Powerful no doubt but would be overkill for gaming at 1920x1080... Instead of that you can buy HD6950 2GB for 16.5k... HD6950 unocks into HD6970... By doing this you would be able to save a lot ov money which you can invest in other components...

well this quad with low cache is giving huge wait times on Photoshop and other stuffs . And if I got only for proccy change then its money wasted as this socket is already outdated IMO. And my Elite 430 is well ventilated :p .Cabinet am saving up for HAF 912 Adv. or K62 ? which one would you suggest?

Further you can save some money with HD6950 2GB and go for an upgrade in 18 months or so when you will need GTX 580 like performance for 1080p.
But then you would have 28nm fab which would deliver it cooler with more performance per watt. Also you might get GTX580 kind of performance in a higher mid range GPU then!!

Hades. said:
First of all I woudn't advise you to buy GTX580... Powerful no doubt but would be overkill for gaming at 1920x1080... Instead of that you can buy HD6950 2GB for 16.5k... HD6950 unocks into HD6970... By doing this you would be able to save a lot ov money which you can invest in other components...
Well I am anti ATI ... cause of few driver issues and CUDA , rest features that I got on GTS250. ATi has stream but media conversion is a pain. And another thing I would not change the components for atleast 2.5-3years . So I have decided on GPU .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

DarkAngel said:
Further you can save some money with HD6950 2GB and go for an upgrade in 18 months or so when you will need GTX 580 like performance for 1080p.

But then you would have 28nm fab which would deliver it cooler with more performance per watt. Also you might get GTX580 kind of performance in a higher mid range GPU then!!
Dad paying up once for 3yrs atleast . HE DID CONFIRM this much :p .

deathgoddg said:
Dad paying up once for 3yrs atleast . HE DID CONFIRM this much :p .
Hmmm, there are better ways to spend the money than to blow it all on an already decent rig imo (no offense)

CUDA? Lol... :p... Are you into encoding and stuff? Stuff like video encoding is best handled by CPU... CPU encoded videos look more identical to the source than GPU encoded videos...

well Hades ,am still a learner not a master of it ...but yes want to become a master of it. Dark Angel the same guy is selling me his next GPU :) haha nice one right! But my influence comes from when I see people still running a GTX 280 alike and still get better performance than out cards . Yes everything has to outdate some time or the other but a MSI GTX580 OC... am too greedy to miss it. Well my rig is only changing cause I got intel and intel have this socket dead now .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I got only one doubt should I got for that PSU of HX650 or TX750 ? I have all theses choices in my budget

Processor Intel Core i5 2500k 11250

Motherboard MSI P67A-GD55 (B3 Revision) 9500

PSU Corsair HX650/ Seasonic X-760 (Fully Modular + 80+ Gold Certified) 6500/8500

Total 27250/29250

Why did i suggest MSI P67A-GD55 over Gigabyte P67A-UD3R? well MSI P67A-GD55 is more feature rich than P67A-UD3R... P67A-GD55 has SLI + CFX support, UEFI Bios & better overclocking ability... And MSI RMA is also handled by Digilink...

Back