Budget 71-90K Right time to build a PC?

Jee

Recruit
Hi, I am planning to build a new PC mainly for gaming purpose with a preferred budget of 80k but can be pushed to 90k for significant performance.

I have consulted some of my friends and have made a draft of what I am expecting.
https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/c0f859a8-e35d-466c-a59b-acaae3a06f28

• Intel Core i5-12400F
  • Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX DDR4 Motherboard
  • ASUS Dual Radeon RX 6700 XT OC Edition
  • Thermaltake Smart BX1 750W SMPS Bronze PSU
  • Adata XPG Starker Air Mid-Tower Chassis - Black
  • Corsair Vengeance Lpx Series 8GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • Corsair Vengeance Lpx Series 8GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • Western Digital Blue SN570 1TB M.2 NVMe Internal SSD
  • Deepcool AK400 Black 120mm CPU Air Cooler

With the recent announcement of AMD 7000 series, one of my friend suggested to wait for the prices to drop for others but I am not sure if the price change would be significant enough to wait for a month or two. Would like some advice and insights on how the prices could change including used cards that will be coming. If anyone is willing to sell any of these please PM me.

The current build I have drafted is also going above my 80k budget so if it can be lowered without a big drop in performance, that would also help. Any suggestions to switch out any components is also appreciated. Thanks.
I am not sure if posts can be edited so updating here. After more digging and tier lists, switching out cabinet and psu to
  • Lian Li Liancool 215 X
  • Silverstone viva gold 750W
https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/adeb4735-fbd0-4345-9b9f-553223d29414

Last edited:
Build is quite good I would say, except the PSU. I would suggest spending a bit more to get a better quality PSU (edit - I see that you referred to the tier list and updated the PSU. Kudos for your efforts!)

To save some cash-
1. You could go for the Sapphire Pulse 6700XT which is available for 1k cheaper.
2. You can also get by with the stock cooler for gaming in a well ventilated case, although it'll be noisy.
There are cheaper coolers like the Deepcool AG300/AG400/Gammaxx 400 V2 blue).
3. You can save around 1.5k on the case (something like MSI mag forge M100A which comes with pre-installed fans).
Since the motherboard is M-ATX, you could even go for an M-ATX case which will be more compact).
4. You can potentially save another 1k for opting for the non wifi version (that is if you prefer wired).

Here's the build - https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/71b97846-67ab-4004-8e8a-8e2e69cbfb7b

Some of these choices come down to looks and noise preferences. Depends on what you are willing to compromise on for cheaper parts but with barely any performance loss.

Note that Intel is possibly launching the 13400. You might want to wait for that.

And about the prices, it's likely they will fall but can't say when or by how much. Knowing Indian retailers, prices won't fall too much and may take a while. Used cards are going for cheaper rates on fb marketplace I believe.

Last edited:
Build is quite good I would say, except the PSU. I would suggest spending a bit more to get a better quality PSU (edit - I see that you referred to the tier list and updated the PSU. Kudos for your efforts!)

To save some cash-
1. You could go for the Sapphire Pulse 6700XT which is available for 1k cheaper.
2. You can also get by with the stock cooler for gaming in a well ventilated case, although it'll be noisy.
There are cheaper coolers like the Deepcool AG300/AG400/Gammaxx 400 V2 blue).
3. You can save around 1.5k on the case (something like MSI mag forge M100A which comes with pre-installed fans).
Since the motherboard is M-ATX, you could even go for an M-ATX case which will be more compact).
4. You can potentially save another 1k for opting for the non wifi version (that is if you prefer wired).

Here's the build - https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/71b97846-67ab-4004-8e8a-8e2e69cbfb7b

Some of these choices come down to looks and noise preferences. Depends on what you are willing to compromise on for cheaper parts but with barely any performance loss.

Note that Intel is possibly launching the 13400. You might want to wait for that.

And about the prices, it's likely they will fall but can't say when or by how much. Knowing Indian retailers, prices won't fall too much and may take a while. Used cards are going for cheaper rates on fb marketplace I believe.
Thanks for the suggestions. I am thinking of increasing the budget by a bit for the looks so I want to go with asus 6700xt oc for the lighting and design.

I am picking up one of the mag force cases but looks like m100a doesnt have addressable fans so I might get m100r or 100r instead.

And for the coolers can you suggest one with addressable rgb? AG400 has rgb but it looks like auto and not addressable, preferably within 2k or 2.5k at max.

I believe intel 13400 will be coming next year but I want to complete this build by this year so hopefully I wont regret it later :sweatsmile:.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am thinking of increasing the budget by a bit for the looks so I want to go with asus 6700xt oc for the lighting and design.

I am picking up one of the mag force cases but looks like m100a doesnt have addressable fans so I might get m100r or 100r instead.
Build is looking better now.

And for the coolers can you suggest one with addressable rgb? AG400 has rgb but it looks like auto and not addressable, preferably within 2k or 2.5k at max.
There's a variant of AG400 with ARGB as well.

I believe intel 13400 will be coming next year but I want to complete this build by this year so hopefully I wont regret it later :sweatsmile:.
I understand. If you are playing at 1440p, the CPU won't matter much anyway.

Back