Rising prices of everything,How To Manage?

These days not only prices of all the Daily commodities are rising.Then there is always this good deal On Some Gadget which I Have To buy.

Is Ther any way to manage? How are You guys doing to reapair that money Leakage?

Please Share

TIA

GuruGulabKhatri said:
Then there is always this good deal On Some Gadget which I Have To buy.

There you have your problem right there.

Control your urge to buy anything you like and you should be fine.

Either that or earn more. Whichever option is easier. :p

Seriously speaking though, you need to know how to stick to a budget and not spend unnecessarily. Sometimes you have to skip even if you need it. But it at a later time when you're not in a crunch.

^ Exactly. Many folks - in most cases with some 'easy' (credit card) money - end up buying more than they can afford (to pay back). In some cases, even though they can afford, they don't need that stuff. We have lots of folks on TE itself jumping on to a deal because it is good and not because they need it. That urge needs to be controlled. It is all about discipline when it comes to investing or saving.

agree with both agantuk and viralbug,

We also had this discussion on dinner,

what dad said

Increase your earning and cut un necessary spending.

I so agree with him.

how to manage ? simple , check showoff threads , PM him /her if really got bored of that pricey thing then just mail it to your doorstep :ashamed:

Stay clear of the market section,dealers section and hotdeals.don't visit eBay,letsbuy or any similar sites.

Get only what you need and buy it with proper warranties.

Save the bills so that you can get your products replaced properly and get proper value for what you paid.

the more lalach we do, the more things we dont need we buy, we directly help the global economy to grow and sustain. in that sense, i must congratulate te for being a big driver of lalach and consumer spending, and contributor of pushing forward the global economy.

lalach pe economy chalti hai. jis din lalach khatam, economy khatam.

GuruGulabKhatri said:
These days not only prices of all the Daily commodities are rising.Then there is always this good deal On Some Gadget which I Have To buy.

Is Ther any way to manage? How are You guys doing to reapair that money Leakage?

Please Share

TIA

simple funda buy things which u really need dont buy because companies are launching it in market

one small thing to do , if you do go out shopping , make a list and stick to the list .... the shiny malls and all that entice you to buy things that you really dont need ,and seriously coffee for 100rs?stop those things and you will save quite a bunch

Few of my pointers...

1. Try to have only one Credit Card for all your purchases.. Multiple cards are hard to manage & its easier to miss the payment
  2. Opt for a card with enough limit that you can manage with, depending on your purchase & payment history bank tends to increase limits easily giving you more chance to (mis-) use that credit..
  3. Try to set a limit point yourself for your card that you won't spend more than this fixed total spending per month so that your bill doesn't cross this pre-set mark..
  4. Don't just use the card for the sake of BONUS points, they are crap anyway..
  5. If you have bought something on your card with EMI then do not buy another high value product until that EMI period is over..
  6. If you have past dues left then stop using the card until your dues are clear. Hide it, lock it or maybe destroy it. You can always request another from the bank after paying a little amount
  7. Take help with your parents/spouse & discuss any major/ minor transactions before making that purchase..

HailStonE said:
Few of my pointers...

1. Try to have only one Credit Card for all your purchases.. Multiple cards are hard to manage & its easier to miss the payment
  2. Opt for a card with enough limit that you can manage with, depending on your purchase & payment history bank tends to increase limits easily giving you more chance to (mis-) use that credit..
  3. Try to set a limit point yourself for your card that you won't spend more than this fixed total spending per month so that your bill doesn't cross this pre-set mark..
  4. Don't just use the card for the sake of BONUS points, they are crap anyway..
  5. If you have bought something on your card with EMI then do not buy another high value product until that EMI period is over..
  6. If you have past dues left then stop using the card until your dues are clear. Hide it, lock it or maybe destroy it. You can always request another from the bank after paying a little amount
  7. Take help with your parents/spouse & discuss any major/ minor transactions before making that purchase..

like to add one things dont buy thing becuase its now at low price even when u dont need it if u buy it its simply waste of money. and never buy because u like free stuff ur getting with that.

Rising prices solution :-

Option 1 :- Sharpen your skills and talent, which can then be used to get/demand higher money (inflation adjusted)

Option 2 :- If option 1 is not possible, Then Invest in an instrument, which has pricing power and can be used to redeem in future at a premium (with Inflation adjusted price) Eg . Equity.

Option 3 :- Starve yourself and try to miss a lot of small enjoyments in life. Example like - having ice-cream with friends, family once in a week, going out on vacations ,etc in short, sacrifice "large number of small happiness for something smaller number of Large Happiness"

Option 4 :- Dont follow to any one of the above points and scroll down for the next person suggestion :p

1. Follow the Gandhi path. Fast on weekends:p:eek:hyeah:. Improve Fin/Physical health.:cool2::clap:
2. Stop hunting deals.:hap5:
3. Manage your money properly.

Here is an difficult to follow Way to prosper and enjoy life on limited income, Which require a lot of patience and wiseness to start with. To cut unncessary expenditures, First calculate your reasonable required monthly budget. Thus you arrive at spare monthly cashflow. Bind this flow to mandatory payments like SIP, Insurance, RDs etc. Now, money on hands is just for necessities leaving you no money spend on your whims or wants:(. SIMPLE.:) Once you have enough savings, take it all out and put in in real estate. Take out Only the part of profit for other unwise expenditures. Thus, You can have your cake and eat it too albeit a bit late.:D

You can request one of us GMods or the admins to revoke TE market section rights or to get banned from here. The admins are very understanding in this regard.. :p

Thnx guys For the Good advices.I promise

1.I will set a Monthly Budget and Stick to it
2.for investments i do a very simple (read n00bish) thing.i have a Scheme Called Anuttara @Tanishq where every month i deposit an amount and they buy (atleast they promise to) gold of the same amount for me.Is It Good enough?I have seen gold prices rising like anything.
3.Not 100 but i often have (thrice a week) Cappuccino from CCD which costs Rs 54.I am so addicted to it :ashamed:
4.and of course I always trying to sharpen my Skills So that i can get a better job and buy that DBA-02/Palm Pre3/Hp touchpad/GTO Judge/Fatboy :)

Back