[RMA] Asrock motherboard RMA experience

dvader

Adept
Hi Everyone and Merry Christmas.

So I wanted to write a post about my recent experience with Asrock RMA. I have an Asrock B450 Pro4 motherboard still under warranty. It's top PCIe slot was acting kindda weird and upon inspection few of the pins were bent/missing. Now I live in a tier 2 city with no Asrock service center. I called the nearest service center (from Asrock's support page) in Lucknow and they directed me to Inspirisys Delhi. At this point I almost gave any hope of getting it repaired under warranty and started to procure a PCIe slot myself (I can repair stuff myself). However, I called Inspirisys New Delhi (Nehru Place) on a whim and an excellent Bengali Guy picked up my call. The Guy was extremely professional and even though he was being cautious of not promising anything he did ask me to take a few pics of the slot and send it via whatsapp for an engineering inspection. This was Saturday so he promised to arrange a call back from engineering team by Monday.

Come Monday morning, I received a call back from Insipirisys Engineer and he was helpful (cautious of not promising anything) and told me that the slot will be replaced under warranty as long as there was no burn/visible electrical damage around the slot. I shipped the board which got delivered in 2 days. They had no extra slots so one was ordered from their Banglore office (none of my concern, they were just giving me daily updates). On Friday I received an email and a whatsapp message with a verification video. I asked them to share GPU-Z screenshots to verify if all the 16 lanes were up and running and they obliged even though they had already packed it up. They created the delivery challan via DTDC and I had the board in next 3 days.

Job:
1. The solder job was Good. one or two pins had a little less solder but given how many pins there are it's a good job overall.
2. Flux was properly cleaned up and there were no visible marks of any sort.
3. I shipped the board in the original box and I received it in good condition, so they didn't just throw the box around.
3. Somehow they couldn't find a matching PCIe slot so I ended up with this. The top PCIe slot now has a white clip and one of the old ones too. This was somewhat visible in the verification video but I didn't notice it.

All in all more than satisfied with the RMA, and that Bengali Guy 11/10 on professionalism and support.

photo_2023-12-25_08-18-25.jpg

Last edited:
Back