Graphic Cards RMA Service

shroff87

Disciple
In August 2008, my leadtek GeForce 8800GTS 640mb stopped working properly maybe it's VRAM got damaged and showed artifacts even in the bios and I sent it for RMA in October 2008. Till now I haven't received the replacement from the dealer .. they keep saying that his full container is stuck in customs and will be cleared soon - since the past two months! Is this normal in India? Does RMA take so long to complete? Any advice on how to deal with this matter? :chair:

really sad to hear this bro :(

once i gave my gfx card for RMA and i got a new one in 4 weeks and that also after forcing/calling them too much but still it should not take more than 1 month

Gee .. it's been 7 months since I gave the card and 9 months since it died off! Where can I find out the contact details of the area manager? I bought my Leadtek card in Mumbai, the retailer is in Santa Cruz.

Thats pathetic

You have lots of patience to wait for so long

Go direct to the Distributor office and make a big ruckus

Ask them to give a credit note / better replacement card immediately or else threaten legal action

ya, record every communication with them and threaten then of legal action in consumer court. That would be like some warning to them otherwise they would like, u are the person who accepts exploitation

shroff87 said:
In August 2008, my leadtek GeForce 8800GTS 640mb stopped working properly maybe it's VRAM got damaged and showed artifacts even in the bios and I sent it for RMA in October 2008. Till now I haven't received the replacement from the dealer .. they keep saying that his full container is stuck in customs and will be cleared soon - since the past two months! Is this normal in India? Does RMA take so long to complete? Any advice on how to deal with this matter? :chair:

Let me tell you of my experience. I had bought a LG 245WP lcd from Nehru Place. It turned out to be defective (it was somehow working at the shop before I took it home)...so took it back the next day then the shop said they did not have any in stock and they wanted their tech dudes to take a look at it....even they could not get it working...shop then said to give it to the local LG service centre....after 2-3 weeks of phone calls and such...they said they could not replace it as there was no stock but they could repair it...I told them I wanted a new piece and kept buggin the hell out of some LG area manager...he kept saying new stock will come...I just couldn't wait...I told the shop keeper about all this and he reluctantly offered to give me a cheque for the amount I paid him.

In your case I would suggest contacting the Leadtek service center directly through email AND phone or just ask for your money back from the shop if they cannot find your model. Another suggestion is that they can replace ur card with a current modell that has the same value you originally paid for the card. Then the distributor comes into play if all else fails. Hey also trying creating a ruckus at the shop as shop owners won't want that kind of atmosphere which might scare away other potential customers.

Thanks for your support guys! :)

Thing is I've not been in India for the past one year so it's been a bit difficult to handle this situation. I'll fight with the shop keeper ... I paid him Rs. 26k for the 8800GTS .. ****er owes me a GTX 280! :devil2:

Anyone got contact details of this Rashi peripherals? Not that I expect an educated person to speak to me from that company but still :p

Oh and for what it's worth, please no one deal with a shop called Xpertech! It's in Santa Cruz.

^ lol

i already bought 7300 GT from some market dealer at some member

since the card is not working at CRT monitor some fickler screen fail issue due to DVI-SUB and VGA signal

that why i RMA the card to TECH COM INDIA chennai on February 2 2009 since the past two months! i shout the dealer he spoke to me he will promise to replacement new gpu card soon from china or taiwan where they don't have any stock

that why that was too pathetic after they rma the new card model 7600 GT

where i got the call from tech com and he final test it work and no issue
after i install on my system it fail to boot i was WTF :mad: and i return the card back and argue again so he gave me another offer he has another last card
Nvidia 6600 GT

i said are your nut cause this 7600 gt ddr3 card has better fps than sh1t 6600

so the delear did not ask any answer :rofl:

so i got an better idea i told if u have any another card while i can take 3 card for rma in 7300 gt ddr3 card

so the dealer deal and i got 3 lucky card :lol: Nvidia 6600 ATI 300XT and Nvidia 5200 FX 128 mb AGP and i was happy

and i donate 5200 fx to my friend 's son :)

that why i was so hard to fight with the dealer while deal for rma card issue

Back