Linux Rocking with PC Linux OS 2007 :)

Quad Master said:
Cool , what did u do exactly.

Ummm.....its a bit complicated, so pay attention.

1. Go to Beryl settings manager, and enable water.
2. There is no #2 :tongue:

Press shift+f9 to toggle the effect. :D

Works for me as well in Sabayon..after enabling in compiz settings manager,Shift+F9 for waters, Shift+f10 for ripples...:eek:hyeah:

But what still beats me is why is everybody in the opensource world going gaga over these kiddish effects...:lol: i tried it once and disabled it for good...doesnt in anyway have any functionality benefit...:no: most of the effects get boring after a single try...;)

BTW, I tried installing ubuntu again. It didn't recognise any of my other OSes...mot even PCLOS :( That means grub will not work, which means I can't use ubuntu :p

Tried Sabayon 3.3. Must admit, it looks a lot more polished than pclos or even ubuntu. But the setup was going at a snail's pace...maybe bad dvd. I'll try this again again once I get 3.4e

get the 3.4e...:eek:hyeah: they have incorporated a lot of new stuff since 3.3...especially, 3.4e recognizes peripherals more accurately than 3.3..and saves u from the hassles of checking for the right drivers and also the codec packs..compiz is more stable in this version, but still far from perfect...:no: Just like the other distros...neways i dont care about compiz..., i already disabled it...:p

Private Ryan said:
But what still beats me is why is everybody in the opensource world going gaga over these kiddish effects...:lol: i tried it once and disabled it for good...doesnt in anyway have any functionality benefit...:no: most of the effects get boring after a single try...;)

The gurus of linux had a meeting where it was decided that we need those eye candy effects in linux to get the noob windows crowd to try linux.

Just show those those effects to your friends im sure they will be impressed and will tell you to install linux on their pc.

Wait a min. if you considering Cf as childish then Vista should be lame isn't it ? :S and Mac OSX baap of lame :rofl: . Eh.. It depends dude :) and those who think CF is unstable ..Note: Its still under development :) so wait a bit :D

Dark Star said:
Wait a min. if you considering Cf as childish then Vista should be lame isn't it ? :S and Mac OSX baap of lame :rofl: . Eh.. It depends dude :) and those who think CF is unstable ..Note: Its still under development :) so wait a bit :D

Yeah...i still think Linux can do without all those crap effects...i agree with hacker tht those effects are just to lure in first timers and kids...like i said earlier..., power linux users hardly use those effects..forget the effects, many dont evn like to use the gui...:p

As for Vista, well who cares about Vista...XP is here to stay for a much longer time ...as long as all the device compatibility issues are not sorted out with Vista...and XP has the right blend of functionality and doesnt go overboard with looks like vista..and given the numerous 3rd party customization softwares for XP, u can have a better looking desktop than Vista if u want..:p

zhopudey said:
There you go again :p Eye candy is not the only thing in an OS. Of course, vista is lame, won't deny that :rofl:

Totally agree...:eek:hyeah: And definitely not the biggest priority when it comes to linux... the KDE and Gnome interfaces are good enuf and can do w/o the compiz crap...:p

Back