OC & Modding RoundUP: 23 SuperCoolers tested (extreme TDP, lapping, moding, 250CFM+)

A year ago my friend poparamiro went up on a mountain and locked himself in a cave with a bunch of coolers. He only got out for water and to hunt some food . But one day he had a vision and wrote a monstruos article with 51 pages about the best coolers there were and are now....

He tested with stock mountings, modded mountings, with and without lapping, different TDP settings and different fan speeds (dual Delta 250CFM included :p). He did a fantastic job and you can read all about this in his article:

Source

Direct Link to article

:flex:

Winners :

Top 3 Fanless:

1 – Scythe Orochi / Z600

2 – Ninja rev. A / Thors Hammer / Mugen 2

3 – Ninja 2 / Noctua NH-U12P

Top 3 Extreme TDP:

1 – TRUE Copper

2 – Megahalems / TRUE

3 – Mugen 2

Top 3 Extreme CFM:

1 – TRUE Copper

2 – TRUE

3 – Megahalems

Top 3 High TDP / medium rpm

1 – Megahalems

2 – Noctua NH-U12P / Thor's Hammer

3 – Zalman CNPS 10X / Z600 / True

True only wins with high CFM fans, otherwise not even in Top 5 with medium RPM (1500~) fans, Thor's Hammer is impressive, all round performer.

True Copper is insane :O , its worthy IMO.

extremecfm432x580.png

the ifx 14 is mentioned, not amongst top 10. let down by poor mounting and build quality (at least thats what i understood from the poorly translated romanian :p)

I just got mine delivered a couple of days back for a 920. Beleive me, the mounting is simpler than TRUE or anyother heatsink i've personally owned till now.

Still have to test it as my PSU got borked at the wrong time. Will post the temps with/out a 115CFM fans. :)

Back