Router/Repeater needed

Adept
I am living in a 2300 sq.ft. apartment with router(Linksys WRT54G2) placed at one of the corners. The signal barely reaches beyond 7-8 metres. There are many walls in b/w. So, is there any decent router under 5K which can give me good signal at every corner of the apartment or we would have to buy a repeater?

Asus RT N13 if u want access point, router, repeater in one device OR wireless repeater such as Netgear WNR2000RPT.

Pricing : Asus is about 2.8K and Neatgear is about 2.5K

Try to check with the ASUS RT N13, but i dont think it will give signal for all the area in your house. Best is to go for something like the ASUS N12, then upgrade the antennas to directional ones.

Get the N13, then see if it makes a differance. Else it can be configured as a repeater.

How's the file transfer speed on N13? Means if I want to copy something like a movie of 700mb from my PC to laptop over Wifi, then how much time would it take?

Also does Dlna streaming depends upon the router? I have panasonic p42st30d plasma. Will N13 support proper streaming? (I don't have any idea of Dlna as I haven't tried it yet because I haven't bought the adapter for it, but will be buying it soon).

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Back