rs.com limitting download of premium users to 4GB/day!

stormer

Disciple
Hi ppl,

Here the mail I have sent to the rs support team. Have any of you experiencing the same?

-------------------
Hello,

I am a premium user of your service. I have bought my account during the last week of December 2006. At that moment your FAQ listed a download limit of 20GB per 3 days. In case, such limit is violated another limit of 25GB per 5 days is to be imposed.

Today, whenever I tried downloading something, I always get a message ‘You have downloaded more than 20 GB in the last 5 days. Please try again tomorrow.’

Please explain this message. Have you imposed any new rules? If yes, then it is very disappointing. This simply means; when users sign up for your service you are telling them that they can download a maximum 20GB per 3 days. And now, you are brining down this limit to 20GB per 5 days. This is heart breaking and against the ethics of good salesmanship. I am not expecting this kind of service form such reputed name in the web hosting.

I have always honored the rules imposed earlier and also share your concerns over the bandwidth abuse. However, this is not the way to achieve the desired. Please remove this limit ASAP.

Looking forward to your co-operation.

Here is the reason why I guess---

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

RapidShare.com - News

30. Jan. 2007

We have decided to keep the prices we have right now. This means that you can purchase your premium accounts or extend your existing accounts by paying much less than in the past. Furthermore we have adjusted the traffic management as well because some people did not understand the old system. Unfortunately a traffic management is necessary to keep the prices we have right now. Within five days you may download 20 GB. For example you may download day by day 4 GB without any interruption. An alternative is that you download 10 GB today, 10 GB tomorrow with a break following the next three days. We think this management is by far more flexible than a strict 4 GB per day rule. We hope you share this opinion with us.

I think 4GB a day is fine.. I mean not that they should cap it but im just saying that even with the 256UL connections that we have now, we can download a max of 2.4GB a day you know

Ank1t said:
I think 4GB a day is fine.. I mean not that they should cap it but im just saying that even with the 256UL connections that we have now, we can download a max of 2.4GB a day you know
What about people with 2Mbps lines. What about me, I can download 6GB a day. :mad:

spindoctor said:
my rapidshare account is getting wasted completely. torrents are just so much better...

Amen. Rapidshare fever is wearing off from my side too and I've been paying for premium for almost a year now, just extended for another month. I think this will be the last one. Torrents, are everything you need.

Not related directly, but I always liked their bucket account which they used to have (pay per download). For some reason they removed it from system and only offered monthly.

Renegade said:
What about people with 2Mbps lines. What about me, I can download 6GB a day. :mad:
Lol but those ppl have a limit right? and have only 6 free hrs of download at night which is around 4GB @ 200kBps constant in those six hours.. Lol you are an exception :p

Some relief....

RapidShare.com - News

9. Feb. 2007

The traffic limit of 20 GB has been risen to 25 GB again. Of course we will keep the low prices in the future as well, including new features and more bandwidth. It is important to us that our customers are happy. If you have ideas on how we can improve RapidShare even more, please do not hesitate to write us an e-mail.

rs ppl offer me total refund of payments if I am not satisfied and also you can see the difference now... they've increased the limit to 25 gigs/5 days... at least I can download 1 dvd-iso everyday :)

BTW... some ppl always have better bandwidths... :D its just your point of view to look at it decides your satisfaction level!

Ank1t said:
Lol but those ppl have a limit right? and have only 6 free hrs of download at night which is around 4GB @ 200kBps constant in those six hours.. Lol you are an exception :p
I am on a 8Mbps line and this operates 24X7 for me. Just that I am behind a proxy and I have to use bypassing softwares which limit the speed to around 150-350KBps download speed.

Renegade said:
I am on a 8Mbps line and this operates 24X7 for me. Just that I am behind a proxy and I have to use bypassing softwares which limit the speed to around 150-350KBps download speed.

Ook well tats somethin i didn't know:S you are just one of the privileged lot of guy :)

Even at night with speeds close to 2 Mbps I usually get only around 80 KB/s download speeds. Do Premium users have access to better servers (and higher speeds) or is it the same as for Free users?

Vulc4n said:
Even at night with speeds close to 2 Mbps I usually get only around 80 KB/s download speeds. Do Premium users have access to better servers (and higher speeds) or is it the same as for Free users?
Yep... you can choose a preferred server.... and yes rs have a mirror on VSNL now:hap2:

wel on rs premium speeds will always max out your internet connection so u dont have to worry about that ;)

and damn i know..hw it feels when rs puts a limit on u.. lol... but its ok .. i dont download 10 gigs a day now haha.. only 5 gigs every night ;) :p

Back