WTB RTX 20/30 series GPU under 20k

Looking for a 2080/super/ti, 3060 ti or 3070 (if lucky) under 20k.
Not expecting the 20 series cards to have any warranty but would appreciate 30 series to have 6-12 months left

Looking for a 2080/super/ti, 3060 ti or 3070 (if lucky) under 20k.
Not expecting the 20 series cards to have any warranty but would appreciate 30 series to have 6-12 months left
Try olx or fb marketplace also....someone is selling 3060ti here....that can be easily had for below 20k

I'm semi-concerned about the 20 series cards being mined on. And since these cards are old now, its very unlikely that they'll have warranty left.
Is there a way i can make sure what I buy from olx/fb will last me 2-3 years?

do a stress test before buying it and see the temps.
15 mins furmark should be enough. Furmark is a stress test software. Check if the temps are not too high. below 80 is good, 85 range is ok.
You can also do a heaven benchmark and see if the score is similar to same card others have benchmarked on youtube.
Try to buy from a trusted seller, etc. If you can meet and test the card if buying from olx, that should be fine.
Make sure there is no undervolting / Overclocking or something done before testing. You can check that in MSI Afterburner.

This is basically the things we can do from our side.
Card might still fail, even new cards fail in 6 months. It's a risk of buying used.
I have bought 3 gpus used so far. None had any major issues. Me and my friends have collectively bought/used 7-8 gpus, all used. All were fine.
Also, i sold a 2080 5 months ago for 19k, i could have sold for 20k even if i wanted to wait a bit
You should be able to get 2080 ti for under 20k now.

A 3060 ti usually goes for 22-23k now. 3070 will be 26-27k range. I bought a 3070 for 32k in January.

do a stress test before buying it and see the temps.
15 mins furmark should be enough. Furmark is a stress test software. Check if the temps are not too high. below 80 is good, 85 range is ok.
You can also do a heaven benchmark and see if the score is similar to same card others have benchmarked on youtube.
Try to buy from a trusted seller, etc. If you can meet and test the card if buying from olx, that should be fine.
Make sure there is no undervolting / Overclocking or something done before testing. You can check that in MSI Afterburner.
Thanks for taking the time and typing this!
I will certainly take any used GPU i purchase henceforth through these tests

I decided against buying the 2080 ti from OLX and went for 3060 ti from a member TE member. Even though the extra 3Gb Vram would have been handy, i dont think i wanted to deal with possibility of the card failing on me in the year or so (or god forbid, sooner)
@dank.it

shall update/close this thread when card is delivered and tested

Last edited:
I would strongly suggest asking the TE member to post a Want to sell post with all the necessary details and pics. Benchmark pics, etc. and then u can buy it from him.

Buying directly from a WTB post in dms is risky. It is easier to track in case something goes wrong if everything is in a post.

Back