Graphic Cards Rtx 3090 price.

Cosmocrazy

Recruit
Hi. I’m getting ASUS RTX 3090 at 2,20,000. Is that a good price to pay for it? I know it is much higher than MSRP but beggars can’t be choosers right?

Thanks

Thanks for your answers guys. I should have clarified that I am working in the field of video effects and editing. Our company shifted to Bangalore but I can’t go. They asked me to carry on working for them but I have to get my own PC. I have the money but I just don’t know what the right price is. Every day I find that it is higher than before. That’s why I thought I would ask you guys for advice. Kaun apne khoon paseene ki kamai udana chahta hai? So if anyone can advise me, Thanks.

Thanks for your answers guys. I should have clarified that I am working in the field of video effects and editing. Our company shifted to Bangalore but I can’t go. They asked me to carry on working for them but I have to get my own PC. I have the money but I just don’t know what the right price is. Every day I find that it is higher than before. That’s why I thought I would ask you guys for advice. Kaun apne khoon paseene ki kamai udana chahta hai? So if anyone can advise me, Thanks.
What are the specs of the computers that your company gives to its employees?

They asked me to carry on working for them but I have to get my own PC.
This is wrong if they're not reimbursing you for hardware costs which you're using for their business. You should ask your company to provide the funds for their expense.

As for what to buy it really depends on your workload. People manage to edit with even the slowest and low tier cards. I'd say if VRAM is your concern and you want to save money too get a RTX 3060 with 12GB VRAM should suffice all needs. Moreover CPU should also be good for rendering workloads, 8+ cores is what you want to have if you have a professional need and additionally system RAM of 32GB or more.

Is the company paying you good enough to buy such a beast of a GPU along with other components. I am sure it will cost somewhere close to 4 Lakhs.

Dude get it on email form them for all the rig building expenses and also ask for some advance amount.
Also, dont rush or treat the pc as yours, put everything on them..what config they suggest would be required for the nature of work etc. And if they are specifically considering only specific components.
Once done, put on them as to from where to source it or ask them if its fine if you buy them locally or online and they should be accountable for every penny spent.
Lastly, once you leave the job is there an option to keep the entire setup with you while negotiating on the depreciation part and you pay the bal. and keep it or they have the ownership and will take it all!
Either ways you shouldn't be bearing anything here during and after leaving the job.

In my co. when pandemic started it wasn't possible to immediately procure and allocate laptops for everyone (30k+ employees) so co. started gradually offering laptops/thin clients/vdis and lastly employees own desktops to ship/carry to their homes.
Later when issues started kicking in, co. created a capping budget of 35k where one can buy a laptop up to 35k and it will bear the bill and anything above the difference falls in employees court. Just forward the invoice to them/serial no etc and it will affix asset code on it remotely! There's also some policy where co. bears some 20-30-% amount and the stuff is yours forever even after leaving the job.
But for other options, whats the twist I'm not sure but this seems to be a very fair policy. Its a win win scenario for both the parties.
Also, if I buy a dell laptop, co. will auto cover it under its enterprise policy as well for free with extended warranty + priority support etc. and no bond or contract as in even if you leave the job in few months, the warranty and support stays intact!

Last edited:
Hi. I’m getting ASUS RTX 3090 at 2,20,000. Is that a good price to pay for it? I know it is much higher than MSRP but beggars can’t be choosers right?

Thanks
It's a good price.
If you are a vfm customer opt for a 3080ti, any price around 1.5L is just as good with lesser vram. You best option would be a 3080FE from RPTECH.
Notable mention a 6900xt on the forum for 1.35L.

Eye for a 3080 under 1.4lacs. Should suffice all gaming needs that too only if you are gonna play at 4k esp. heavy titles else even thats a sheer waste!
its already under 1.4lacs, what are you waiting for ?

Thanks
what do you do for work ? do you require this kind of a beast gpu (will be worth not even a 1 lacs next year). if company is paying, just get it, don't think twice. In think its the TUF version card and not Strix version which is more better. if its STRIX then get it. its alright.

I was not in mood when the cards where available for 1.6Lacs at the time as based on the upgrade pattern and my bank balance :p its not worth it. think in that way too.

also remember. the bigger the gpu, harder to replace if something goes wrong. play it safe ;)

Last edited:
What I am more curious to know is the work that is cut-out for you. Since you said RTX 3090, what application can use this much VRAM like is it.

What you want to know is the current market price of the GPU. My Asus 3090 ekwb cost me 2.2L in May 2021. And since then the cost of 3090s remained around 2L. Asus cards are generally 10-20k higher than the cheapest option because of its better quality in general. If you try hard you might be able to find a 3090 in 1.9L not below that. Even at Msrp an AIB 3090 started at 1.4L last December. That's only 50% inflated where as 3070/3080 have inflated 100% or more.
Since 3090 are now the only Nvidia GPU that do not LHR, they become good options for miners, as these cards are good on multiple crypto currencies. So that's a point to keep in mind. But I highly doubt it's gonna get any costlier.
Whether you need a 3090 or not is your call. If you can utilise the huge Vram then definitely get it. Else get a 3080ti that has the same compute capabilities.

Back