Rtx 4070 production halted (allegedly)

Why does it feel so good when nvidia being knocked down by consumers :)
I think this tells us that Nvidia would rather slow down / halt production to keep supply in check and thus artificially keeping the prices (MSRP at least) stationary rather than lowering the prices to meet the lower demand. Nvidia would take an L rather than letting the consumers take a W.

I think this tells us that Nvidia would rather slow down / halt production to keep supply in check and thus artificially keeping the prices (MSRP at least) stationary rather than lowering the prices to meet the lower demand. Nvidia would take an L rather than letting the consumers take a W.
Came here to say this. I don't know what NVIDIA is thinking with thrashing their reputation. I feel like they are trying to be the 'Apple' of GPU market where they dictate the prices and the consumers just accept it. They are holding off the criticism now thinking it will pay off in the long run & they will have the last win. So they would rather half production/sell less GPUs (although with the prices I doubt they are not making profit even with the low sales)
AMD tried to do something similar with the CPUs especially with the 5 series launch where the MSRPs were higher than expected by consumers but them reducing MSRPs with new launches & overall maintaining prices is still miles better than what NVIDIA is doing.

Same as Miscrosoft when they stopped surface laptops rather than releasing low cost variant. Only way we can expect low cost 4060 OR Ti variant if AMD release competitive cards, though they are reducing price of last gen 6xxx cards so maybe there is still some hope left for consumers.

Yeah, probably they are selling enough to enterprise AI guys.

Gpu market lacks price competition these days. This whole gen is a washout in price/perf. Probably better to buy used instead of these new ones - esp Nvidia with low VRAM and stupid high prices makes no sense to me now. For some time lower end market was really crap but now there seem to be many options in 20k area, so that's good.

PS5 seems like a better deal than PC, probably people will start shifting. ( not me .. )

I wonder what would happen if everyone decided to #boycottGPU altogether and played only CPU rendered games for a few months

Ps5 Is a good option but it's costing about 50K one can assemble a decent gaming PC from used market too since GPU prices are low right now in used market
Also aren't games for consoles usually more expensive than PC?

probably they are selling enough to enterprise AI guys
They are the AI guys.
the ceo himself told their major focus is AI, but they won’t abandon gamers.
Means gamers are not his priority anymore. It was crypto earlier and now AI.
Cost of PC parts are sky rocketing by the day
Before the crypto thing, flagship GPU use to cost 799$.
Now we get shitty 4070 in that money.

Plus, conspiracy with few developer and YouTube-ers to portray as “vram is very important” and forcing people to go high tier ... 12+gb version, else their kidneys will fail.

Steam HW surveys show only 17% people have vram over 8gig. 24% on 8gb.
As a developer I won’t target more than 4gb vram to make my game playable for larger audience.

Last edited:
Post COVID and Crypto effect. I recall the prices at which 3060Ti was selling for and what it is selling for now.

Back