Rubber tape/sheet/strip for keyboard and palm rest

napstersquest

Thread Police
Adept
Looking for something like this: (probably thinner) (pic stolen from a sale thread)
for anti-slip purposes.

1703575504202.png

I had one wrist rest which came with some tape-like rubber which used to do the job of creating grip perfectly. I lost it while moving, and now the wrist rest slides everywhere.

Ordered this from Amazon thinking it might be similar: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07PQLHZF8/ but this is just an anti-skid mat used in kitchens. (only one surface is anti-skid).

Can anyone point me to what I want? Thanks in advance

I had cut out small patches from a old cycle tyre tube and glued them to an external drive casing to keep it from moving on the smooth surface of my old desktop. Remember to roughen up both sides of the patches with a fine sandpaper: glued on side for proper adhesion to item being glued on to and the other side for proper gripping.
In another case I had glued old erasers as feet to the bottom of a router to give it grip as well as height:)

I had cut out small patches from a old cycle tyre tube and glued them to an external drive casing to keep it from moving on the smooth surface of my old desktop. Remember to roughen up both sides of the patches with a fine sandpaper: glued on side for proper adhesion to item being glued on to and the other side for proper gripping.
In another case I had glued old erasers as feet to the bottom of a router to give it grip as well as height:)
Can even use an old mouse pad that is lying around. Cut it to the shape of palm rest and stick to the bottom. Make sure that whatever is glued to the bottom does not raise the height of the palm rest too much.

Silicon Bumper Clear Strip for Door, Cabinet, Chair,Glass Top Anti Slip Pads,Self Adhesive Backing Bumpers (10)

https://amzn.eu/d/jh8sbwr

This should work. If you don't want the height of the wrist rest to increase , then search for "anti slip tape" and select one of the thin, adhesive tapes

this is the real OG solution. I tried few products (as @n1r0 suggests) but neither the adhesive not the rubber quality is any good. If you want a fresh feeling rubber, buy a new cycle tube (won't cost more than 100-200 in local market) and stick it where ever you want. I even used metal brush to you know create a grip, it didn't look good but functionally it's solid.

@abmr2d2 any suggestion on a quality glue that doesn't leave a mark and is easy remove...??

Last edited:
I had used small dabs of Fevicol Shoefix glue since my experience with it for sticking shoe soles is that it is flexible and not so permanent and sticky :) (hence did not use Feviquick) As to if it leaves a mark I'm not sure because didn't get a chance to remove the improvised feet from that enclosure, but I think it does leave some residue behind. A hot air gun/dryer and plastic scraper should be able to remove the residue.
I wasn't aware of Glue drops at that time, they are reusable and don't leave a residue behind.

Back