Budget 31-40k Rugged big screen laptop for daily multimedia usage

sidd16

Recruit
  • What's your Budget? 30-40k, but ideally lesser than 35k
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? I'll be watching a LOT of movies on it (probably every night as I don't own a TV), and some heavy-duty browsing (Over 20 tabs open simultaneously), very casual gaming (I'm not much of a gamer, and my gaming would only go as far as reliving childhood classics like Tomb Raider), and office work (I work in advertising- so probably limited to MS Office)

• What size and weight considerations do you have? At least 15 inches, wouldn't mind 17 either. Portability is not a factor because it will be at home only.

• Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? I presently own a Compaq 420, and am not a fan of it. I have heard good things about Dell (after sales, highly rugged) but then I'm a noob and you guys would know better about the pros and cons of each brand.

• Any other considerations? I am a rough user and would want my laptop to be built to last. My present laptop is Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 320GB, so I would want something with at least as good or better specs. I have been holding out for Windows 9 but since my laptop has died, I have to make an immediate purchase and would like Windows 8.1 which is supposed to be upgradable to Windows 9. Good speakers are a must. HD preferred but not mandatory.
Sorry for the detailed write-up, and thanks in advance :)

• I am a rough user and would want my laptop to be built to last. My present laptop is Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 320GB, so I would want something with at least as good or better specs. I have been holding out for Windows 9 but since my laptop has died, I have to make an immediate purchase and would like Windows 8.1 which is supposed to be upgradable to Windows 9. Good speakers are a must. HD preferred but not mandatory.

You mean Windows 10, there isn't any Windows 9

Back