Running successfully Windows phone 7 on HD2

swordfish

Disciple
Hello guys..

No need to spend money on windows 7 device.. Windows phone 7 is ported to HD2 successfully. I have already installed it and running it.. It is smooth as butter on HD2 hardware..
Live services are not working as of now but every thing is possible in future (Reported that its also cracked :D )..

HD2 is best device made till now...
It can run Windows 6.5, Android, Ubuntu, Windows phone 7 and Meego (still in development)

Considering the hardware is more or less the same, it's not a surprise. They were anyway planning to offer a WP7 upgrade sometime in the future.

Having said that, even a Galaxy S going by your assessment is a really good device considering it can run any version of Android (provided you can find it :p), Ubuntu and Meego! :)

I installed it as well. I never imagined I could ever like it. I don't think I've ever been this happy to be proven wrong. It's a fantastic OS! I cannot stress enough about how smooth the UI transitions are. This OS is most certainly one step in the right direction for the future of Smartphones. Very Stable, very Smooth and very Sexy! I must've seen a million videos about WP7 right from it's introduction at last year's MWC and I just hated it. I passed it off before even trying it out till I actually did 2 nights ago and I'm in love with it.

Really guys, you should all give it a shot. Sure, it's a still a bit green, much like how the iPhone started out. It's a little raw on features but MS is faster with updates than any other company. They've already worked out the Copy-Paste issue and have worked on making it several times faster with 3rd party apps.

This is definitely an OS that can take on iOS if it gets out in the open in larger numbers.

And lastly, the HD2... the phone that just never stops giving. It's like XMAS everyday with this phone. XDA surely has a lot of love for this fantastic device. WM 6 & 6.5.x, Android, Ubuntu, Win 98, WP7, What's Next?

Back