Graphic Cards RX6600 - Worth Getting?

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Hi folks,

I was wondering if I should get a RX6600 in the upcoming Sale on Amazon? What would be a fair price for getting it?

I'm still chugging along on my RX480 and my gaming is strictly at 1080p.

Hi folks,

I was wondering if I should get a RX6600 in the upcoming Sale on Amazon? What would be a fair price for getting it?

I'm still chugging along on my RX480 and my gaming is strictly at 1080p.
nope. just wait for a few weeks as today eth merge happen and later market crash for gpu P

I picked it up for 24,700. Satisfied with the purchase and the difference in level of performance was staggering. I'm still a 1080p60 player so to see the GPU briskly walking (it doesnt have to run) at <80% usage when running at 60FPS is an experience I didn't expect to have. Extremely power efficient too. It draws the same board power as my previous RX 570 but the gains in performance are massive.

Thanks everyone for pooling in with your inputs, appreciate it.

From above posts and the couple of friends I have spoken with the general consensus is to wait it out for the next couple of months because after the Merge the prices are going to drop down.

I literally am in no rush to pick up a GPU as the current RX480 that I have is running well (finger's crossed) and I'm not facing any hiccups at 1080p gaming yet. I have waited patiently for the last 2 years, like I'm sure a lot of us here, and another cold wait for 2-3 more months is very doable.

Btw, lets say this RX6600 is going from anywhere between 25-29k (including online), how much of a drop will this price seen in the next 2 months?

Thanks everyone for pooling in with your inputs, appreciate it.

From above posts and the couple of friends I have spoken with the general consensus is to wait it out for the next couple of months because after the Merge the prices are going to drop down.

I literally am in no rush to pick up a GPU as the current RX480 that I have is running well (finger's crossed) and I'm not facing any hiccups at 1080p gaming yet. I have waited patiently for the last 2 years, like I'm sure a lot of us here, and another cold wait for 2-3 more months is very doable.

Btw, lets say this RX6600 is going from anywhere between 25-29k (including online), how much of a drop will this price seen in the next 2 months?
You can get sapphire pulse for 23k from FB. As for price drop it's hard to guess considering these AMD cards are already selling at below MSRP set by AMD so it can be anywhere from 2-5k. The better deals will be in used cards when miners dump their GPUs.

2 months is a very short timespan for prices to drop in a significant manner. But we've seen it happen in the past and it could happen again. I certainly hope it does.

Back