Budget 31-40k Ryzen 5 3600 is vs 4650vs 3500x

Nial

Recruit
So due to a lack of parts I have the following options as of today
Ryzen 3500x at 12k aprox
Ryzen 3600xt at 22.5k
Ryzen 4650 at net prices

Now I need to upgrade Pronto because my PC is dead. I am thinking that either I get 3500x and decent mobo and after upgrade to 5600 after a year or I spend 10k more for 3600xt. What do you guys think about 4650 as well? My main requirement is heavy multitasking and android simulators.

Could use some suggestions guys.. also feel free to add mobo options etc if you can. For reference I am buying in Kolkata..

If productivity is your main requirement & you want to upgrade in the future, you can also go for a Ryzen 7 2700. It is equivalent/slightly better w.r.t. 3600 in productivity workloads & is significantly cheaper (~17k here). Later you can also upgrade to 5000 series CPU if you select a B450 motherboard like B450 tomahawk which will supports the 5000 series. I am specifically not suggesting B550/X570 motherboard as some of them do not support 2nd Gen Ryzen for some reason.

If this doesn't suit you & you are dead set on upgrading later, you could also go with a Ryzen 3100. It has 8 logical cores vs 6 physical cores of 3500x & should be roughly equivalent while serving you well in the short run.

Last edited:
So due to a lack of parts I have the following options as of today
Ryzen 3500x at 12k aprox
Ryzen 3600xt at 22.5k
Ryzen 4650 at net prices

Now I need to upgrade Pronto because my PC is dead. I am thinking that either I get 3500x and decent mobo and after upgrade to 5600 after a year or I spend 10k more for 3600xt. What do you guys think about 4650 as well? My main requirement is heavy multitasking and android simulators.

Could use some suggestions guys.. also feel free to add mobo options etc if you can. For reference I am buying in Kolkata..
I have been researching myself for a RIG for multi tasking especially virtualization. Mostly a test bed.

So far I have nailed down to AMD as it gives great performance in threaded scenarios then anything else at the lowest possible price.

Your scenario appears similar, hence I would recommend if your budget permits, go for AMD Ryzen 5 3600. It is 6 core, 12 threads + Hyper-Threading and is Zen2 Architect. Keep this word "Hyper-Threading" specifically in mind when planning to build a RIG for multitasking or application workloads. Anything below this processor model, double check if the processor has "Hyper-Threading" an intel term, AMD calls it SMT.

The other advantage is its a 65W processor, so keeping your rig working 24x7 would help save few bucks on power bills.

Now this Proc would also have you to install a dedicated Graphics Card, as it doesnt support onboard graphics.

To keep your budget under control, the wise option would be to not go with a full blown ATX motherboard with all bells and whistles.

Just research around a bit on B550 chipset, it would future proof you at a low price with PCIe4 (Generation 4, which is rare in Intel) and would accommodate AM4 socket future CPU from AMD on Zen3 architect. Would mostly need a BIOS update for new architect processors.

AMD is going to stick to AM4 sockets is what I understood for all its future generation CPU.

These are a few bits I have come across and sharing it to help make a decision.

EDIT - Do re-think the "X" series before buying them, example 3600X or XT. These seem to cost more but the performance gain/advantage is not that significant as compared to non X/XT series, is what the internet says. From the read, one thing that comes to notice is, X/XT would make sense if money is not a problem and you are a professional Gamer sort of and want just something from the top series.

Between all the best to build something solid at a reasonable price !

Last edited:
Back