Budget 0-20k Ryzen 5 4650g or Ryzen 5 3600x

apurva512

Disciple
Hello,
I was waiting for the zen 3 announcement for my upgrade. Given the pricing, it's not going to be in my budget for a while. So, the easily available options right now seem to be the 4650g and the 3600x. If I have a good graphics card, what areas will the extra cache and boost make a difference in, and will that difference justify the ~3.5k cost difference? I feel the 4650g is not a bad option, as it is base don the same architecture and hence supports all the features of the 3600x and can later be repurposed for use in a small itx build given the built in graphics. Please share your thoughts and opinions.
Thanks

Somebody with a superb question

-The real fact ,4650g is slower than 3600x in compute.
-Now where 4650g outshines 3600x

-You have a valid point regarding mini- itx.
-It gives a solid gpu atleast for 1080p 60 fps.
-It acts as stop gap GPU when you want to flip your current GPU to New GPU
-If the scenario of GPU RMA arises you still have your vega gpu + free sync.
-Its a frugal chip as well

This is the main reason why AMD didn't release this apus for open masses ,it is brilliant proposition for who play csgo valorant fortnite etc @ 1080p 144 hz

True @burntwingzZz
The difference is also not very huge.
It's around 10-15% slower.
Also, do note that 4650g is being sold as tray cpu and not a retail unit so I've seen a lot of variance in prices and I'm not sure about warranty too as this was originally intended for system integrators.

warranty is 3 years from bill date and there is a fan as well but box wont bet a normal box ,buy from reputed shop ,drop an email to AMD regarding warranty claims dont tell that you are an individual user tell that you are small scale custom system integrator and enquire regarding warranty and especially enquire during RMA claim do we need to bmit AMD provided cooler/fan

Thanks for the input guys. However, i have found a fly in the ointment. Apparently for some strange reason, the 4650g only supports PciE version 3!!! That definitely makes it far less attractive to me.

I have checked with amd india and will have full warranty
Screenshot_20201006-161402_Twitter.jpg

its nice that AMD is responsive ,We as community should rather push for direct processor sale , and cut the middle distributor partner shit ,because the price cut on the older model doesnt trickle down to us .

its nice that AMD is responsive ,We as community should rather push for direct processor sale , and cut the middle distributor partner shit ,because the price cut on the older model doesnt trickle down to us .
+1

For everything which can be sourced directly this forum should try for group orders directly with these companies and cut the middleman.

May be just try to see how perceptive they are of this direct approach if they’re willing it will be good for all of us here.

Won't happen. They won't bite the hand (distributor / retailer) that feeds them.

Back