Ryzen 7000X3D chips burning up

Thread title should be Ryzen 7000X3D chips burning up. Similar thing had happened during 5000X3D launch (although there were no physical effects like motherboard bulging iirc), as the 3D V-Cache is extremely sensitive to voltage changes. Most motherboard manufacturers are pushing out/have pushed out BIOS updates to address this issue, ie, mainly addressing auto over clocking and voltage management for X3D chips

Thread title should be Ryzen 7000X3D chips burning up. Similar thing had happened during 5000X3D launch, as the 3D V-Cache is extremely sensitive to voltage changes. Most motherboard manufacturers are pushing out/have pushed out BIOS updates to address this issue, ie, mainly addressing auto over clocking and voltage management for X3D chips
If you go to derbauer's channel normal 7000 chip also burning up. He has 7950x i guess which he shows.

I mean, the 7800x3D is still multiplier locked. Overclocking it is a pretty big risk either way, and this shows why. As another user pointed out here, the 3D V-cache is sensitive to voltage changes.

I mean, the 7800x3D is still multiplier locked. Overclocking it is a pretty big risk either way, and this shows why. As another user pointed out here, the 3D V-cache is sensitive to voltage changes.
True and expo is sending a huge amount of voltage. Most of the mb vendors have released bios already. What is yet to be seen is the wether it works or more work is needed.

Slightly off-topic but is XMP safe? Like EXPO, It is also an overclock and it increases the voltage.
Will there be any degradation in the long term (lets say 3-5 years or more) if XMP is used?

Last edited:
Back