:S Mass Effect game runs without a DVD !!!

I recently bought a Mass Effect (Original and sealed) DVD from Ebay.
It was all standard packaging like the key was present on the booklet. I installed it on my PC. Interestingly, it didnt do any internet activation.
Also, it runs without DVD. I am confused. Did anyone experienced the same? Is it original or duplicate?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

A duplicate thread was created by mistake. Mod please delete one of them.

Did you get Cerebrus activation card with a separate code? If not most likely what you have bought is a pirated version I guess.

sugat123 said:
I recently bought a Mass Effect (Original and sealed) DVD from Ebay.Is it original or duplicate?

I somehow doubt the originality of the same. Please raise a support ticket in their website

eBRo

Its not a problem Man, ME 1 does not need DVD while playing, so relax and enjoy the game. You can verify your key by registering it in bioware forum. It will make you eligible to get a key of BringDownTheSky episode as well.

Post a Picture of the box and the link to the ebay listing. There are a lot of eBay sellers selling pirated discs while listing them as originals. They are usually cheaper than the real deal. Mass Effect original should cost 999/-.

neoronin said:
Did you get Cerebrus activation card with a separate code? If not most likely what you have bought is a pirated version I guess.
What is Cerebrus Activation Card? I entered the key which was present on the back of ME booklet.

"I checked on BioWare forums and they said that once it's activated online you won't need the DVD. "
The problem is I dont know whether the activation occured or not. The internet was On. But there was no message to activate the game
"Its not a problem Man, ME 1 does not need DVD while playing, so relax and enjoy the game. You can verify your key by registering it in bioware forum. It will make you eligible to get a key of BringDownTheSky episode as well. "

Could you please provide the link for registration?
"Post a Picture of the box and the link to the ebay listing. There are a lot of eBay sellers selling pirated discs while listing them as originals. They are usually cheaper than the real deal. Mass Effect original should cost 999/-. "

I will provide them. The box price is 799/- i got it for 814 (shipping included).

One more thing. I play using the ME icon in the Bin folder. When I click on 'Play' on ME Menu, nothing happens. (Does the menu (play, uninstall, download, etc) appear for pirated discs. AFAIK, it doesnt ;) )

Dude its all right, certain games do play without dvds , i used to play mw1 online without the dvd :D so this aint a big deal, its just a game from 2007

I bought Splinter Cell Double Agent last month and it runs without a dvd. Just install and play. Cd-Key only needed for MP. So Sagat, in old games drms are removed so just sit back and enjoy the game no need to worry.

Big thanks to all you guys for helping me. Sorry unable to load pics.

@Ethan Hunt

"Did it ask you to enter the CD-Key while installation?" Yep

and thanks for the guide.

The CD key is original as I was able to register it.

The game is giving me errors, I will patch it once i save enough usage.

Back