PC Peripherals S12II 430W vs GX 450W vs CX 430 v2 (Best power supply for most builds)

Hello all,

i think most of us here realise that Power Supply unit or SMPS is a very important component in overall PC performance and reliability, and i think a lot of thought should be put into it.
Being on this forum for some time and seeking advice for my own system i think most people would require a PSU in the range of ~400 W, and the three top options that are available are:

Seasonic S12II 430W ~ Rs 3200 : Seasonic S12II 430 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com
Cooler Master GX 450W ~ Rs 3000 : Cooler Master GX 450 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com
Corsair CX v2 430W ~ Rs 2600 : Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com

Seasonic is probably the most trusted PSU brand with great reliability, 85% efficiency and 5 year warranty. Famous the world over and recommended as best unit in this range by the forum members here. Though also the costliest and service seems to be sketchy in some areas.

Cooler Master is also very good with 5 year warranty, 85% efficiency and great reviews at newegg (Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER GX 450W RS450-ACAAD3-US 450W ATX12V v2.31 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply) , again with 5 year warranty and 20W extra power than the other two. Also cheaper than seasonic by ~200 bucks.

Corsair is the cheapest by ~ 500 bucks, is said to have the best service network and good reviews, but only 2 year warranty vs 5 years for the other two. Also efficiency is just 80% compared to >85% and 80+ bronze rating for the other two.

These are the findings of my research. I myself am in a dilemma about which of these to buy and i am not nearly an expert at this (only used cheap 'local' chinese PSUs till now :p ) and ask for opinions of everyone about which is the best choice. This would help most people arrive at a conclusion.

PS: I also found another model Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com
but this is in another price band ~ Rs 4000 where it competes with Seasonic S12II 520W. Is there something special about this? if one does not need the extra Wattage is there a reason to get this over the S12II 520W ?

Back