S2 I9100G Randomly Shuts Off

jealous21

Recruit
Hi Guys,

I have been experiencing random shut off from my samsung galaxy s2 g version i9100G model. For your information, i did not root or used any custom rom. And my phone is on 2.3.6 android version. Anyone knows how to deal with this problem? Any advised and suggestion is greatly appreciated. If anyone has the same problem, please share how you handle it. Thanks.

P.S: Bought this phone from India throught buytheprice.com. Made in Vietnam.

Hey J,

From what you are saying, it looks like it could be an issue with your battery not aligning with the contact points. It might sound lame but did you try pulling out the battery and cleaning the contact points?

Sometimes the physical dimensions of the battery *might* change owing to drastic changes in temperature (this happened with one of my phones, so I am not shooting my mouth off
<
) if this is the case, a strip of paper in the battery bay could solve the problem.

If it is neither, then, we would need to know more about any apps that you might have installed that could be causing a shut down.

If you have installed any memory intensive games, this might happen. Some games do not exit from the background even after you have exited from the game itself (crime story being an example in my case), try uninstalling (or killing) these apps and check if the problem is resolved.

Hope this helps.

Is it shut down or a reboot?

If it is shutdown, then go with what soulweaver said. Clean the contact points and make sure they are aligned properly.

If it is reboot or soft boot there could be few reasons

1. Heavy games releases amount of memory (RAM) when you stop playing it, phone suddenly reboots.

2. Malicious applications can damage system files. (This is not possible with your phone as you haven't rooted it.)

Back